View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 12:32 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
The 300 six cylinder in the pickups wasn't too bad... but the 200 and 240 were kinda wimpy... of course in a MUSCLECAR you want MUSCLE, which DEFINITELY leaves out the wimpy INLINE SIXES... but for a daily driver they were good motors... especially if you were trying to save gas...

Later! OL JR

Yeah, both of my friends drove six cylinder cars when we were just starting out. Rob had a 225 slant six Duster and Cone had a Nova with a 250 and a Cherry Bomb muffler. They both got in the neighborhood of 20 mpg, which beat my '73 Plymouth Satellite Regent station wagon with a billy club. I got somewhere in the area of 12 mpg, and developed such gas saving strategies as coasting down long hills and lifting the hose after shutting it off to drain EVERY drop of gas in the line. The economy of those two cars impressed me so much that the car I bought after the Duster was a Horizon that got between 30 and 40 mpg.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper