View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 07:32 PM
BAR

OK, I'm back...

In addition to the regular "check the cows, tend the farm" stuff that I usually have to do, I've been knocked on my BUTT this week with strep throat. We went to Space Center Houston last Sunday since I promised my nephews we'd go for his birthday (which was in August). So, Betty, Keira, Tristan, Ian, and I went after church since it's only 65 miles from my back door, and church probably trims close to 15 off that. Monday morning I woke up with a bit of a sore throat, but we'd been planning to go to the Splashway Water Park in Sheridan with my brother and his girlfriend and her brother, so off we went. Monday evening I was feeling pretty bad. Tuesday I was wiped out, and Wednesday, but I figured it was viral and the doc's office is a waste of time for that, so I just waited. Thursday I felt a little better and caught up on stuff some, but Friday morning I felt bad again, so I finally went to the doc. Got some antibiotics and was wiped out pretty much yesterday and not much better this morning, though I feel a little better this afternoon. Stupid antiobiotics smell like paint thinner in a pill... (GAG!)

ANYHOW, I FINALLY got back to work on the Saturn V this afternoon. I did the "detail location wrap" for the S-IC first stage using details from Apollo Maniacs.com among other places, and the Saturn V blueprints I got off NARTS years ago. The S-IC is actually the least difficult to detail of all the stages.

Anyway, here's the wrap for the BT-80 first stage and some of the resource pics I grabbed off the net to help... all the "Position numbers" line up along the reference line on all three detail position wraps, though one might want to actually change which "Position number" aligns with the reference line, so all the wrap overlaps are joints are on the "back" of the rocket away from the launch pad, if one is planning to launch off a Saturn tower...

Here's the Apollomaniacs pics...

Later! OL JR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Saturn V BT-80 First Stage Detail Location Wrap.png
Views: 55
Size:  954.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  S1Cpos1.gif
Views: 53
Size:  121.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  S1Cpos2.gif
Views: 45