View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadmug
.............. I was just wondering why you never hear or see anything about Quest and was curious if maybe their quality had something to do with it.

Some of their kits are really quick builds and aren't very challenging. But they look good. Every kit I've ever bought has been a quality product but I think the target shoppers are probably young (mostly level 1 and quick-kits). But, look at some of their more challenging stuff if you can find them. The Force 5, Terrier Orion, Shuttle Intrepid, M2Q2, X-30, etc. Mostly OOP. They are challenging and thoughtful builds. I like them better than the available kits. Unfortunately, they seem to be disappearing from the local retail outlets here. Hobby Lobby has had them on clearance for months now and hasn't stocked any of the newer kits (some are OOP already and I never even knew they existed). And some may become collector items. Case in point, the OOP Quest Aerobee Hi. Product number and catalog has listed this kit as a level 1 but the packaging calls it a level 2 (yep, I bought several just in case) To make this a little shorter, yep, they are quality kits but the majority of them target lower skilled flyers. And BARs have a tendency to float towards designs from their youth. Quest wasn't there.