View Single Post
Old 08-11-2023, 02:13 PM
Apollo Nut

Here about a year and a half ago I got a large format scanner/printer to scan 11 x 17 page material, such as the larger instruction sheets/plans in some kits and the Centuri tabloid catalogs of the mid-to latter 70s. It has done an excellent job on those, though it is just a page at the time. No 'sheet feeder' for large tasks like that, nor would I want to even try a sheet feeder for those type scans.

It is Epson Model WF-7820 and I think I paid somewhere around $300 for it. Attached is a sample page scan out of one of the tabloid catalogs.

The condition of some pages of these old newsprint catalogs can be problematic at times and some pages just due to their condition require some cleanup after scanning. Especially pages that have multi colors printed on them. The newsprint has yellowed in a number of instances and getting good color scans of those pages takes some cleanup work afterwards. But then again, scanning documents of this type on pretty much ANY scanner would be time consuming and it is that for sure.

Earl
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Centuri 782 Catalog-20.pdf (1.26 MB, 22 views)
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970