View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Craftsman

I Just happen to be in the process of spring cleaning and moving my collection from one city to another before the heat comes back!

Anyhow, here are a few pics of one of the plastic bins that I try to use on most of my collectibles.

I will link them and give captions below them. Not to brag but since the is the place to do so, I have 20 - 25, tubs filled with rockets and dozens more of cardboard boxes filled with rockets. My range is "K" kits - ~ late 1970s. At last count in 2004, I had 2300+ model rockets. Not pallets full of 2300 MPC kits, but 2300 "K" kits, Centuri, FSI, VASHON, COX, Skill Level Kits, and the like ... and don't get me started on the 100+ lbs of motors, old FSI, Enerjet, Atlas, Min-Max, Cox, Estes Red Tubes, MMI, and others. I am not in this to sell to anyone so don't ask. I collect for the LOVE of model rocketry. This move I am doing currently is designed to get my collection closer too me and this summer I will roll up my sleeves, take pictures and create a mySQL database of my collection so that I can STOP buying the same **** rocket over and over again thereby freeing up my money for things I don't have... well kinda

Here are the pics:

In this photo, I have churned through the same plastic bin and found that tubes are ovaling ... rotate your rockets like you do your tires! If you look real close, see that wire? Well that is an Estes Launch System. I have been looking for the launch rack for years. I will, but not stupidly purchase the rack off your hands; after all, the economy is in the crapper and getting worse. If you have an original launch rack in the round mailing tube, PM me please.

More of the same bin, just churning...

And more churning...

In this photo I have a small sample of my collectible plastic kits. I really love Strombecker and the Revell "S" kits. There are also a couple Jet-X kits. Somewhere I have Aurora kits like the Regulus and Snark hidden away. In better times, the contents of this bin, including Disney Satellite Launchers would have been $2000 or more.