Thread: FSI Kit Eras
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Forest Sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Miller
I would think that the red chutes, were used because the supply of Select A Chutes had run out and they still had kits to package. ( kit's from the 1990's packaged in a bag with header card with instructions on back).
Although I have built and flown several FSI Rockets over many years ,
I am not as up on every thing like you guys are . Estes and Centuri were the two main Model Rockets to be found locally where I lived as a kid, I found out about FSI Rockets like this:
My older brother had a Estes Cherokee-D , nothing myself or any of our friends had could out fly it. One early summers day, I went for a bike ride into Utica Michigan, there was a new hobby store in town and I wanted to see what they had in the way of Model Rockets. I left the store with a FSI Penetrator and three E5-6 Engines. My brother or myself or anyone else didn't know what was coming.
the Cherokee was left in the smoke trail as the Penetrator flew by and climbed at least another 1500' OH how I love those long burn E5 and F7 FSI Engines, I wish someone would put them back into production.
Neal, I never saw FSI products or knew of its existence at all when they were in operation. Everything I do know has come from online research and discussion threads like this one over the past few years. I am by no means an expert. I know some things about them in a few areas, but there are many other things that I am really in the dark about. Motors, for instance. If you have actually laid eyes on bagged or boxed kits, and even saw them in stores, then you are way ahead of me. If you have actually seen a rocket being launched on an FSI motor, then you have experienced something that I have no idea if I will ever get to see.
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011