View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Master Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
2,4,5-T (Silvex) was responsible for the problems in Agent Orange.
Agent Orange was a 50/50 mix of 2,4-D (Still widely used in products like Weed-B-Gon) and 2,4,5-T.
The problem with 2,4,5-T is that it has been found that it cannot be produced without producing TCDD (Dioxin) as a side-reaction and it is always present as a contaminant on the 2,4,5-T.
Hence 2,4,5-T was banned.
I know someone that still has several cans of the "old" formula "Weed-B-Gon" that is exactly the same as Agent Orange. That stuff was discontinued in like 1978 once they figured out the issue with 2,4,5-T and Dioxin contamination.

Now Weed-B-Gon is just largely 2,4-D with some other additives.
Naturally Enviro-WHACKOS want to ban 2,4-D as well as almost all other useful chemicals.

By the way, I LIIIIIKE both Hydrazine and Aniline.
Aniline makes an amazing octane-raising effect in Gasoline.
My Corvette likes Klotz Octane Booster Concentrate which is Aniline based. 1 pint in 18 Gallons of 93 octane makes it 103 octane.

Hey G, Why not tell how both Dow and DuPont contaminated sub soil and ground water across most of the lower Peninsula of Michigan going back to the 50's. have they ever been made to pay for it? and yet you cannot dig a french drain or a gray water pond on privete property with out all the red tape and permits.
And Now: Here is something I think you will find funny.
Long a go when I was a young lad, I worked maintenance for Boulevard Heights Apartments in Pontiac Michigan. it was winter time and some tenants had moved out in the middle of the night, we went into the unit we discover that they had been living there with out heat or water.
and still they had kept using the toilet and the bowl was a frozen S&#tcile filled to the top.
we Duct taped the lid shut and had some labors removed it frozen and sent it to the dump.
the labors said it must of weighted 200 lbs.