View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 09:37 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyChief
Yah, the kit I won looks to be complete with exception of the instructions/plans (not included). I could probably build it, if I knew which side of the cut fins was the leading edge and also what distance do I inset the 3 long motor tubes into the main body tube. The kit included a NC, already cut fins (although they are warped), a baffle kit, main body, 3 long motor tubes (look to be 24mm) and a 3' estes plastic type of parachute.

Tony

I can see where finding the root edge of this particular planform could be a problem since you lack the instructions because of the fin design. These fins mount in the same configuration as the LOC/Precision 4-29SS, not like the Public Missiles Phobos.

Legal Allegro fins mounted the same as the Allegro fins, see below. Allegro had four motor tubes with four fins and the Legal Allegro was basically it's baby brother.

Personally, I'd cut the new set from 1/8" Lite Ply.

Your three motor tubes should be about 23" long and should extend out the main airframe about 21". Do you have a tube coupler with your kit? If so, the motor mount tubes mount in that tube coupler to center it into the 2.25" dia airframe. How is the fit of the motor mount tube in the main airframe?

Hope this helps.

{The ACE Allegro image below originally appeared in the Jan 82 issue of California Rocketry}

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Ace Rockets Allegro.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  115.6 KB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates