View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 01:25 AM
Craftsman

clhug---- unscrew the bottle top and stick in the "handle" end of a cheapo paint brush, or also can use a bamboo shishkebab skewer (which we all have among our tools and scratch build materials, right?). Stir to your little heart's content.
Elmers glue has always separated a little if left on the shelf for long, IME. Not a big deal. I usually squirt some out of the bottle and thin it down 1:1 with distilled water before working with it. Which leads me to....

neil----position your MMT assembly into the body/airframe tube DRY until you get it where you want it, *****THEN***** apply a little glue around the outer edge of the aft centering ring. Not accusing you personally, but have seen many modrocs built by many different people that were waaaay over-glued. I have long built mine by inserting the MMT, brushing a little water around the perimeter of the aft CR (using a cheapo water-color-style brush from the dollar store), then brushing ONE or TWO brush-loads of thinned white glue (see above) around that same perimeter. If your parts are properly sized and fitted, this will be plenty of glue. This approach has worked just fine for me for decades, including mounts for D and E motors.