View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 10:50 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamy
I rode my bicycle across country during the Summer of '08. In Colorado, making for Canon City, I ran across a building with Estes in white letters across the front, a missile of some type out front and a bunch of white shipping containers off to a side out back. I kinda figured it was the Estes offices, but wasn't sure. The place looked deserted, or maybe it was just Sunday. Now I'm pretty sure it was their facilities. Wish I'd a knocked or peeked or something. I've got a photo of the rocket somewhere.

Funny, but I took photos of every rocket I ran across during my tour (which weren't many) and I wasn't even a BAR yet.

This is the rocket

Yep that was it...

Here's the thread and discussion from my experience...

http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showt...visited+Penrose

Did things look cleaner/neater/better repair (parking lot no longer grown up in grass, etc.) or still somewhat shabby?? That "shabbiness" was what surprised me most, aside from them not even letting you in the front door... just a disembodied and from the tone very disinterested voice from a speaker gently "shooing" you away verbally... apparently from a lot of practice.

later! OL JR