View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default Super Glue Controversy

I knew I was stirring up a hornet's nest with the super-glue thing.

Yes, it might have been better to have used simpler models but I'm way past that...we're using the Bull Pups. It's too late...my bad.

Yes, it'd be better to use the yellow glue instead of super glue on the fins. It'd also be better for the girls to do it all themselves. However, this isn't practical due to a limited amount of time. The goal is to get them together and fly them with the girls doing the majority of the work (they are) over 3 meetings.

The girls are going to use yellow glue for fillets and white glue for the shock cord. I'm hopeful the yellow glue fillets will add additional strength to the fins. I can't realistically envision that big a problem with the super glue. The engine mount assemblies were all done with plain 'ol white elmer's glue per the instructions.

It's not ideal, not perfect, but nobody's getting frustrated so there's no problem. No, we don't have enough time but it should (hopefully) be a happy, fun experience for them.

Yeah, I'm imagining a bunch of pink bull pup missles...cool!

By the way....I didn't see SQUAT in the instructions about exactly what type glue to use except white glue on everything and plastic cement on the tail cone part. (I also realize the instructions pre-date super-glue) I agree with you guys on all points, however this is a compromise due to my mis-judging how long it was going to take.