View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 10:16 AM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoVictor
Go for it Al!

After getting back into the hobby myself within the past four months, I found an old Venom kit with that nose. I didn't know what I was going to build with it. I just knew I needed that cone. After searching the catalogs, I decided on the Skytracer. It was never one I was all that excited about, but as I went through building and flying it, I've grown to dig the design more and more.

Here's the lowdown;
http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/show...light=skytracer

I still haven't figured out how to re-create the rear nozzles yet, but somebody recommended the ramjet tips and cones from Semroc's SST Shuttle kit. I just picked up one of those the other day, so when I break it open to build, I'll see how the nozzles work on the Skytracer.

Later,
EV

that Skytracer clone looks good EV :-)

might have to try that one - I was worried about the pods myself, then looking at the plans at jim Z's right now and realized those are BT5 based, not the oddball sizes like on my F61 I had.

as for the nozzles - let me know on the SST shuttle ones ( does Carl offer those seperately ? )

I believe Moldin Oldies has the SST nozzle set as well, so will try there, too .

thanks for the encouragement :-)

~ AL