View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 09:03 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_mills
If anyone has a nose cone idea, they want to try out, and need some help getting it cadded up, I am very willing to help you create and print it. I am bored and running out of my own ideas, and want to keep playing with the cad program. So if anyone has some WILD or FANTASTIC idea they want created, just shoot me a line.

Scott,

One of the reasons I got into 3D printing was to allow me to easily make puller type designs. Think of a "Deuces Wild" with both motors mounted and ducted through the nose cone, I call it a hammerhead design. I also want to mount just one motor canted off vertical inside the nosecone and duct it down the body tube ( I call that one the sturgeon). While I was at it I considered 3 or even more nosecone mounted motors. Since all the weight is in the nose it should make for some stable and very interesting designs (fins on a narrow boom or even a hammer head shark shaped model). Besides canting the motors off the vertical a slight horizontal cant should make for some interesting spinning effects.

I also wanted to 3D print some Rocketarium oddroc designs like the Votico's and Rebel's . A 3D printed Rocketarium Toxic Typhoon or Terraformer would also be cool.
Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055