View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 05:51 PM
Craftsman

This was my latest project, based on one I had done back on 2008. As I built it I took photos just like I would if it was a kit, I've posted the instructions on my dynasoar web page link below so you can see how it goes together. It uses a hand rolled depron tube and all the electronics except for the servos are inside the tube. The advantage of the tube is that it is waterproof without painting, is 2 ounces ligher than equivalent bt-101 thinwall tubing. It is based on the Mach 10, but I've changed the geometry a bit for kit/stiffness reasons. I'm not angling the tail to reduce drag and because I don't need it for glide trim and the model does not eject anything. I'm calling it a Mach 2...

Before I spend time cutting templates I'd like to see if there is enough interest first. In addition, I found a great deal on the markings, The USAF, stars/bars and wing panel line/black markings(anything that isn't red or blue on the model) that were discontinued from another rc kit so I will provide those free with the first five models. You'll still have to do your own canopy color and/or accents, I used some red/blue vinyl scraps I had leftover from stickershock23. I include printed templates on photo paper for the red accents as well as for the canopy.

It has a Mig 15, F-86 and even Huckebein(http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/...Huckebein.html) look so you could decorate it in a variety of schemes.

So, let me know if this is something that interests you. It will require a receiver, two servos, two 12" servo wire extensions, a 500mah 1s lipo battery and a transmitter with delta mixing.
www.dynasoarrocketry.com

Here's some flight video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2YN05H5njE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  WP_20151219_13_54_12_Pro.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  87.6 KB