View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 09:19 AM
When Pigs Fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
I received the Quest parts order, but the body tubes (T20 and T35) were the regular, white-overwrap kraft paper tubes, which are fine (maybe they're shipping out these to make room for the MPC/AVI-type tubing, or maybe they get their tubes from multiple manufacturers?). What shape is their new 30 mm blow-molded nose cone with the molded-in attachment lug? I didn't see it on their website, but I know that they're still getting all of their parts up on the site (their new motor mount tubes and "new-size" centering rings weren't on it before). Also:

They're now out of the old MPC/AVI/AVI Astroport-type scale Tomahawk plastic fin units (which isn't surprising, since I'd seen them listed as a "Limited Quantity" item on the Quest website for a year or more). They substituted (at no extra charge, even though they cost more) the slip-on, T20-size "Tomahawk-like" fin units that they use in their Starhawk kits.

I don't know where you heard that tube information, but the current metric Quest tubes are made by Euclid. I doubt they will be switching them out for older MPC style tubes.
I can't recall the name of the company that made the old style tubes for MPC and probably CMR. They might not even be in business anymore.
When I ordered parts for the Nike Tomahawk, Quest also substituted the Starhawk fin unit for the Tomahawk fin unit I ordered. A quick call to Nettie and I got the right fin cans.

www.oddlrockets.com
www.modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com
http://www.nar.org/educational-reso...ing-techniques/
Your results may vary
"Nose cones roll, be careful with that."
Every spaceman needs a ray gun.
Look out - I'm the Meister Shyster!