View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 01:29 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Question Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I checked both CMR catalogs at Ninfinger and the Effy was the only one that sounded close. I'm thinking that the spin fin setup might have just been something that this guy did to see if it worked, being a science teacher and all. I've never seen another CMR kit, so I'm just going on guesses. If you have any other possibilities, by all means let me know.

One major question is are these fins PLASTIC ? The catalogs say they are. I will dig out my later CMR Cats. & see if there was any changes. One thing gives it away for sure, is the nose cone that was described by the other post. Those cones are paper thin and hollow, w/a tiny hole. And plastic cement would certainly craze or even melt them, as was mentioned. So if it has that, im sure its a CMR. BTW, I would NOT change or alter (fix up) the kit. Sure it would be fun to fly-but make a clone and save the Original you have-AS it IS! Thats what makes them more desireable. I just got a EARLY Estes scout . It is flown, burnt on bottom, etc.-but beautiful in it's own right, and have no plans to fix it up. These are my opinions-I restore old kits, but some are best left as is-yours is one of them. More as I look deeper. Oh-I still dont understand yet, about the fins NOT being even w/bottom of tube ??! , so leave it as it is....it is a NICE bird ! dan. PS- i just looked at the website posted on the kit-notice even there -the fins are EVEN with bottom of tube ! Urs are NOT......