View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 04:17 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
The shock cord was rubber and the streamer is crepe. He put little notes on all of the rockets I bought, so I wouldn't think that "sound barrier backup" would be anything more than some kind of note to himself. One thing I can add is that the cone was obviously a two-piece, and built very light. There is a string that goes into the bottom of the cone through a small hole right in the middle of the base. Fins are pre-cut pluwood.

Just looked thru every catalog i have from "off brand" wannabee companies from the 80s up. The only thing close is from a company called Apogee Components (not the current one), only made a few min. dia tubes, there IS 1 in there like yours, but is an inch longer & uses pre cut fiberglass (called waferglass) fins... . Now, u saying the nc is 2 piece changes a lot. Since i put the cats. up-will have to get back out, dont remember seeing a 2 pc. from CMR. So-i'll check. Dont change the kit any, have you?---the sound barrier backup Could make a dif., as FSI made a kit designed to break the sound barrier, and advertised it proudly...