View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:10 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Default More confession...

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelsior_rocketry
Wow... this is sobering...

Kits to build: I stopped counting after a while... over 120

Now I feel really bad for not admitting my unopened kit stash...

Estes Gauchito
Estes SpaceShipOne
Estes Thunderstar
Estes Vanguard Eagle
Estes ScissorWing Transport
Estes Mercury-Redstone
Estes Eliminator
Estes Renegade (2-Stage)
Estes Baby Bertha (4 kits)
Estes Screamin Mimi (3 kits)
Estes Patriot
Quest Payloader One
Quest Full Moon
Quest Navaho AGM
Quest Nike-Smoke (regular-build)
Quest X-30
Quest Intruder
Quest Icarus

Quote:
Built rockets: approx 125...

Motors in collection. Last count was 524 , I have added at least another 50 since then... Inlcudes ESTES, Centuri, AVI, MRI, MPC, Aerotech, Ricketflite, Enerjet, Mini Max, NCR, Vulcan, Apogee, FSI, Canaroc, and yes, even USR.

Motors to launch: I have a xerox box full of 18mm ESTES motors in the package, approx 30 18mm and 24mm AP motors, approx 75 13m motors, 24 24mm motors.

I lost track of the names of my rockets well before I reached the current count of 163. In fact, I forgot to add my Outlander to the list. Now standing at 164...

Even as I worked on the list, I was about to pull the trigger on an order for parts to build eight more. Something prevented me; I think I wanted to add some more parts...

I haven't counted my packs of motors. They're all Estes motors, and I try to pick up a pack or two of A8-3s every time I go into a Wal-Mart. It's a box maybe 20" x 6" x 14", and it's full to the point that I can't add another pack. The packs are stacked such that they fit together and take up as little space as possible...

Quote:
Parts: ESTES: Xerox box full of plasric cones, 1/2 Xerox box full of balsa and BMS Balsa cones, 40 36" tubes, many others of smaller length, 100+ centering rings, 43 sheets of balsa, two old ESTES parts assortment boxes full of parachutes, a plastic jug full of various windings of kevlar.... And OTHER JUNK.....

I am such a pack rat.

I have several boxes with various parts strewn in them. One has parachutes, streamers, and other recovery items, while another has excess Semroc parts and tubes. There are two Estes #1406 Starter Set boxes with other parts from various Estes kits...

I also have one of those molded plastic tool boxes with 2 removeable clear snap-in trays on the top (purchased two of these at Sears when they were on sale) for carrying launch supplies.

And I religiously save the expended casings from every flight. I tell myself I'm going to use these to build holding spikes one day...

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635