View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 07:25 AM
Craftsman

I received my Creality Ender 2 3D printer kit just last week ($175 with 2 day shipping from https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.com/) and plan to clone and design a lot of model rocket parts. I ran out of filament after a few days and am awaiting an order for more. It took me about 1 hour to assemble and align the printer which gives an excellent 3D print for the price; it has a 6" x 6" heated bed with a x 9" height capability.

I have been using PLA filament, as soon as I am able to design and produce high quality parts I plan to switch over to Nylon. I am looking forward to an endless supply of rail buttons, profiled fins and custom nosecones.

For 3D designs I am trying out Autodesk 123D Design and TinkerCAD. As of now I am not very impressed with either of these programs. I want something more technical where I can input actual dimensions and get a good 3D rendering. I am impressed with the Ultimaker Cura 3D printing software that came with the Ender 2 printer, it is easy to use and has produced great 3D prints from the start.
Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055