View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 12:07 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
It was fine when I went on but some of the pics didn't load so I hit "refresh".

That's when things went south.

It may be some kinda glitch.

They sure are having a lot of "glitches" lately... first toilet paper ads splattered all over the pics folks have posted, and now this...

And ALL this within a couple weeks of Troj announcing he sold the forum to a "for profit" website management company...

I'm not buying the "there's nothing to see here-- move along, move along!" and "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..." spiel... something's up...

My gut tells me they're testing changes to the forum format to support those ad hyperlinks or whatever and splattering ads and stuff all over the place... they're just denying it all while they work the bugs out, and then one fine morning you'll log on there and find the whole outfit turned into the monkey show that space.com has become-- an ad-fest festooned all over what USED to be a rocketry forum... and when people complain, it'll be "too bad, suck it up and EAT IT or get lost..."

I guess time will tell if I'm right or not, but I wouldn't put money against it... after all, a for-profit forum operating company is going to do SOMETHING at SOME POINT to MAKE A PROFIT off their investment... they didn't buy it out of the goodness of their hearts, lets face it...

Later! OL JR