View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 11:37 PM
Colorado Based OTH BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB.
OK,

Here's the link: http://www.shapeways.com/product/YY...tionId=58511353

I worked with Michael on both the accuracy and the price (it was orignially $42.00). It will work on both Dr. Zooch and original Estes K-41 BT-60 based Mercury Redstone. The only mod to the Estes kit is to cut or sand off the tip of the nose cone as that is included on the tower.

And you should look around the Shapeways site. Type in "Estes" or "Rocket" and look around. You will be absolutely amazed at what you'll find. I have the nuclear nose for an ST-20 Redstone on the way. Some of the stuff is a little over-priced, but I found if you contact the designer, you might work something out.

I do hope this makes me popular. But wait, I already married the cheerleader captain, what else do I get? Actually, I'd just love to see pictures of K-41s returning to flight with these towers. THAT would be great!

Yep I am aware of his site. I bought the Bt-60 Tail section for the Redstone and have my eyes on a few other goodies he makes. Some of his items are pricey, but that is the cost of limited runs and one off parts that take lots of time to design and make prototypes.
C.R.A.S.H. - NAR Section #482
SAM Member #0153

"I said Lunch, not Launch!"

- Far Out Space Nuts