View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 01:26 PM
Red River Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Forgot the first labeling of the re-branded Coaster motors by Centuri was Atlas/Hercules.
The 20, 30 and 40lb Coaster motors were thrust-LEVEL, and NOT lb-sec total impulse.
In the late 90's/early 2000's there was a company that made G and H SU BP motors and even BP 'sparky' motors !
The exact company name slips my mind but I think it was something like Rocketflite. I'm fairly sure they were 38mm cardboard-cased too.

Small Sounding Rocket Systems (SSRS) - later renamed Crown Rocket Technologies created composite E, F, and G motors.
I've forgotten the gentleman's name, but I met the owner at NARAM 19 and ordered one of each.

I was surprised when I got them in the mail - they were packaged with the E and F on one side and the G on the other, wrapped in brown paper.

I still can't figure out how they got through the mail - they looked like two sticks of dynamite wrapped in brown paper.

By the way - I did fly a Mini-Max F55 in a "Little Hustler" back in about 1974 or 1975. It was an impressive flight - those motors really made a lot of noise and smoke

John