View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 01:05 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I feel the opposite on ebay.

1) You most likely will only get maximum value if you sell on ebay, although the fees can be high. This has far more exposure than Craigslist or even a Rocketry forum such as this one.

2) Built rockets are worth next to NOTHING compared to sealed kits.

3) The collection will make far more $$$ sold INDIVIDUALLY instead of one large lot.

4) Old Estes diamond-pack engines are only worth quite a bit if they are engines no longer available. If you have any of the following engines they command premium prices- Any 18mm 'shorties', A5-x, B14-x, D13-x, 1/2A6-0 or -4, B4-6, 1/2A3-0T, A3-2T, A3-6T, A3-0T.
If you have common A8-3/B6-4/C6-5's in diamond paks, they are worth next to nothing over current production.

The one thing that TOTALLY SUCKS about ebay is that they will not allow you to sell "as is, where is" with no warranty. Even if you state that in your auction, they will refund the buyer if they whine enough no matter the circumstances and WILL debit your paypal account even though they are now speparate entities. That's why I will not allow Paypal payment on my auctions anymore. I got ripped off on a $250.00 sale that way. I only accept Money Orders and CASH now with ALL risk on buyer.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !