Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > RockSim Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
Okay, I managed to find the directory in question and post my "personalized" files there, and they've been added to the database.

Now where the heck do I find the newly modified files so I can swap my personalized parts up to the top of the file?

Still fumbling,

Same path, but look in DATA instead of DATAIMPORT. All of the "master files" are kept there, both components and ENG files.

You'll need to use a spreadsheet to do any sorting work on the CSV files...

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 10-14-2015, 01:39 PM
BAR

Hi Craig, just wanted to say thanks for this great resource. I just started using RockSim, and wanted to simulate my Centuri T-Bird clone, built with Semroc parts. These files contained all the parts I needed, even unusual ones like the HTC-7B. While I have a lot to learn about RockSim, these parts gave me a great jump-start, and my sim is now working. Thanks!

-Paul
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org
Old 10-24-2017, 03:55 PM
rosko_racer

Default HoJo NC file

Hi everyone!

Seems that this thread has not been updated since 2015!!!

I have Rocsim 9 v 9.6.2f210 Build 10 and have been looking around for a file with the HoJo NC... can't seem to find it. Can anyone shed some light on this?

r_r

- Raúl
NAR #88644
SAM #230
EAC
CAT
Old 10-24-2017, 06:31 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Thumbs up HoJo nose cone for RockSim 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosko_racer
Hi everyone!

Seems that this thread has not been updated since 2015!!!

I have Rocsim 9 v 9.6.2f210 Build 10 and have been looking around for a file with the HoJo NC... can't seem to find it. Can anyone shed some light on this?

r_r
Raul,

Silly question: Which version of the HoJo? (Since we have *so many* to choose from!)

I think I ended up with a balsa cone from one of the small early Estes versions, come to think of it. It needed a cardstock transition to complete the shape of the base.

You could approximate a HoJo nose cone like I did with my Semroc Tau Zero BC-760 nose cone, which was basically an ogive nose cone (without a base) mated with a transition minus the "forward" section that usually slides into the larger body tube.

Granted, both pieces were balsa, so you might have to add a mass object to approximate the correct weight, but there you go!

Hope this helps.
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 10-24-2017, 06:40 PM
rosko_racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Zero
Raul,

Silly question: Which version of the HoJo? (Since we have *so many* to choose from!)

I think I ended up with a balsa cone from one of the small early Estes versions, come to think of it. It needed a cardstock transition to complete the shape of the base.

You could approximate a HoJo nose cone like I did with my Semroc Tau Zero BC-760 nose cone, which was basically an ogive nose cone (without a base) mated with a transition minus the "forward" section that usually slides into the larger body tube.

Granted, both pieces were balsa, so you might have to add a mass object to approximate the correct weight, but there you go!

Hope this helps.

TZ:

True, a few versions of that NC exists... got me on that one. I have been building a series of EAC Firecats on different scales based and so far I have a BT-20 (1:.56), a BT-50 (1:1), and a BT-55 (sim and built) but did not find a SIM with a similar NC. I could not figure out how to the NC on the sims. I came to this thread to see if the NCDATA file had it but I do have the latest file from Apogee. Your idea sounds about right and will give it a shot. Thanks.

- R_R

- Raúl
NAR #88644
SAM #230
EAC
CAT