Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #71  
Old 07-05-2017, 06:54 PM
Faithwalker Faithwalker is offline
Craftsman
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Olive Branch, MS
Posts: 45
Default

David, great job! Thanks for your collaborative help on this Centuri ID-100 Igniter-Deflector (blast deflector) documentation, and thanks for posting it so all can enjoy!

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-05-2017, 08:39 PM
rocketguy101's Avatar
rocketguy101 rocketguy101 is offline
frustrated aero
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Duncan, OK
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithwalker
David, great job! Thanks for your collaborative help on this Centuri ID-100 Igniter-Deflector (blast deflector) documentation, and thanks for posting it so all can enjoy!

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker

Thanks for checking all my iterations...it took awhile, but we finally arrived
__________________
David Stribling
NAR 18402 SR
But it is rocket science!
Get yer Barrowmans here
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-05-2017, 11:03 PM
astronwolf astronwolf is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 543
Default

Thank-you. These are good plans.
__________________
-Wolfram v. Kiparski
NAR 28643
TRA 15520
MTMA Senior Advisor
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-08-2018, 06:33 AM
mycrofte's Avatar
mycrofte mycrofte is offline
Trust me, it'll work!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,652
Default

Did anyone ever come up with a good drawing of the LIA-100 legs?
__________________________________________________ _____
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-08-2018, 05:36 PM
rocketguy101's Avatar
rocketguy101 rocketguy101 is offline
frustrated aero
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Duncan, OK
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrofte
Did anyone ever come up with a good drawing of the LIA-100 legs?
__________________________________________________ _____

You mean beyond the tracing Earl posted in post 21 ?

I thought I made a drawing already, but here it is, the leg and baseplate based on Earls drawing. Note since the leg is in two parts on that tracing the overall height and length may be off. It is full scale on "C" sheet paper.

EDIT: After the discussion below, I modified the dimensions and put a new file (Rev A) here. You need to download the latest.

EDIT 2: I apologize I did not see Earl's comment about the thickness of the bottom of the leg until after I had posted Rev A...so I fixed that and here is Rev B.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CenturiLIA-100_Launcher_Rev B.PDF (45.0 KB, 40 views)
__________________
David Stribling
NAR 18402 SR
But it is rocket science!
Get yer Barrowmans here

Last edited by rocketguy101 : 02-09-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 02-09-2018, 05:07 AM
mycrofte's Avatar
mycrofte mycrofte is offline
Trust me, it'll work!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,652
Default

I had found the older post but it is a bit rough. Thanks for a better one. I might make a couple this Spring.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-09-2018, 02:08 PM
rocketguy101's Avatar
rocketguy101 rocketguy101 is offline
frustrated aero
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Duncan, OK
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrofte
I had found the older post but it is a bit rough. Thanks for a better one. I might make a couple this Spring.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________



I hope if Earl reads this, he could check the overall dimensions of my drawing against the leg he traced to make sure I assembled the split image correctly to get my measurements....
__________________
David Stribling
NAR 18402 SR
But it is rocket science!
Get yer Barrowmans here
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-09-2018, 03:41 PM
Earl's Avatar
Earl Earl is offline
Apollo Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketguy101
I hope if Earl reads this, he could check the overall dimensions of my drawing against the leg he traced to make sure I assembled the split image correctly to get my measurements....



Went back and pulled the three legs from the LIA-100 and here's what I found. In general, the dimensions vary a tad from leg to leg, depending on how they were 'finished off' (with a belt sander I guess) after the rough cut from the band saw (I assume that is how they were cut).

Here's what I can tweak for you:

Leg material thickness is nominally .6 inches.

The 'top' flat part of each leg is nominally 2.9 inches.

The 'bottom' flat of each leg is nominally 1.4 inches.

Overall 'height' of each leg is nominally 8.2 inches.

Overall 'length' of each leg is nominally 12.6 inches.

Center to center on bolt holes at top of each leg are nominally 2.2 inches.


And on the top triangular plate that the legs attach to, each side dimension is nominally 5.9 inches.


Hopefully, this will further refine your drawing (thanks for doing the drawing). As mentioned in the original post (wow, nearly three years ago....I can't believe it's been that long), the tracing and measurements were done quickly while I was under the weather with a bad, bad cold bug and hence suffered a bit.

Earl

P.S. - If someone else has an LIA-100 leg and can post their measurements, that might help refine things more also.
__________________
Earl L. Cagle, Jr.
NAR# 29523
TRA# 962
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970

Last edited by Earl : 02-09-2018 at 03:47 PM. Reason: added a P.S.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-09-2018, 06:16 PM
rocketguy101's Avatar
rocketguy101 rocketguy101 is offline
frustrated aero
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Duncan, OK
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Went back and pulled the three legs from the LIA-100 and here's what I found. In general, the dimensions vary a tad from leg to leg, depending on how they were 'finished off' (with a belt sander I guess) after the rough cut from the band saw (I assume that is how they were cut).

Here's what I can tweak for you:

Leg material thickness is nominally .6 inches.

Thanks for the feedback...just to clarify some things...

Quote:
The 'top' flat part of each leg is nominally 2.9 inches.

Would that be the dimension "D2" in the attached leg pic?

Quote:
The 'bottom' flat of each leg is nominally 1.4 inches.

Would that be the dimension "D5" in the attached leg pic?

Quote:
Overall 'height' of each leg is nominally 8.2 inches.
Overall 'length' of each leg is nominally 12.6 inches.


I made an adjustment to the leg length and hit the 12.6, but the 8.2 comes out closer to 8.3. My leg angles were taken from your sketch, so I could be off.

Quote:
Center to center on bolt holes at top of each leg are nominally 2.2 inches.

OK made that adjustment...was basing on the holes from your sketch...

Quote:
And on the top triangular plate that the legs attach to, each side dimension is nominally 5.9 inches.

So the "5.75" dimension (dimension "D4" in the attached base pic) you have on your sketch is actually 5.9? Could you measure "D6" and "D7" from your plate?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  LIA-100-Leg.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  90.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  LIA-100-BasePlate.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  56.6 KB  
__________________
David Stribling
NAR 18402 SR
But it is rocket science!
Get yer Barrowmans here
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-09-2018, 07:38 PM
Earl's Avatar
Earl Earl is offline
Apollo Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,556
Default

Top plate drawing:

D7 is closer to .5

D6 is 5.5

And yes, the 5.75 I had on the original tracing was not correct. It should be 5.9.



On the leg drawing, D2, D4, and D8 are correct.


The only thing that 'looks' a bit off on your latest drawing is the 'fattest' part of the lower leg (towards the bottom of the leg). As measured from the 'inside' of the leg, the 'fattest' part of the lower leg is 2.3 inches. Maybe the D6 radius needs to be adjusted some, possibly?

Again, if someone else has an LIA-100 on hand, they might can add some additional info. My scanner is down otherwise I'd do another tracing and scan that.

Thanks again,

Earl
__________________
Earl L. Cagle, Jr.
NAR# 29523
TRA# 962
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe 1998-2018