Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2015, 07:32 PM
Swing wings!

Default J&H Aerospace - website operational

J&H's website is at last open for business. Click right over to jhaerospace.com and pay us a visit.

We're currently marketing the Switchblade S, a free flight swing wing rocket glider, and the Switchblade XP, a micro r/c swing wing. These are state of the art rockets and surprisingly simple to assemble for flight (and easy to fly). Both of these aircraft run on 13 mm Estes mini engines. We'll soon be introducing models for 18mm engines (read: more power).

Some footage:
Switchblade XP video
Switchblade S and Interceptor II

These little guys are a lot of fun; get yours today!

Also stay tuned for more on the new Red Shift, our 18 mm fixed wing R/C rocket glider prototype. Want to have the absolute fastest thing on the field? Try this on for size. 18", aileron-elevator control, and it stalls as slow as your Radian. I flew this twice at HHAEFI on C6 engines, and it put on a real show.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  switchxp.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  176.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  switchxp1.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  249.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Redshift.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  363.7 KB  
Old 11-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Swing wings!

I finally got to fly the Red Shift with someone videoing it. Read all about the model here and see the video:
http://jhaerospace.com/red-shift-bc-rocket-glider/

I also handed the controls of my Switchblade XP over to a novice pilot for his first time to fly a rocket glider. He's currently building one for himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXQhRR8rT_8
Old 11-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Ciderwright

Nifty.

I have a spektrum 6410L (long throw) receiver with two servos. Would it be usable in either the Switchblade XP or the Red Shift?
Ad Astra Tabernamque!
Old 11-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Swing wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeppel_cpm
Nifty.

I have a spektrum 6410L (long throw) receiver with two servos. Would it be usable in either the Switchblade XP or the Red Shift?

I've used one of those...they are a little on the heavy side. I wouldn't put it on the XP without using a piston launcher. Come to think of it, it's only an extra gram, isn't it? If so it should work ok. If you sand a nice airfoil in the wings and tail it should fly happily with it, and you'll definitely have gobs of control authority.

I'm working on making the XP available for 18 mm engines. I'm not releasing the kits for full production until after the folks at Mercer have gotten theirs going successfully though.

The Red Shift needs stronger servos than what you have on a brick rx. I used 3.6 g servos on mine and they work well. You don't need expensive ones, just ones with reasonable torque. The control forces are rather high at the speeds it flies.