Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Master Modeler

Default Golden Scout Announcement

We are honored and privileged to announce the Golden Scout model rocket kit in honor of Vern and Gleda Estes in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of their "little venture" that changed the World. Their continued support and promotion of the hobby for those 50 years has set the Gold Standard for the entire industry.

In an attempt to break the current record of the number of model rockets flown at one time, 1,500 Golden Scouts will take to the air in the "Sky Of Gold" record breaking launch attempt during NARAM-50, that will be held at Manassas Virginai this July 26th - Aug 1st, 2008.

Attendees, as well as non-attendees will be able to participate in this Historic model rocket event to break the single launch record. The original Scout, designed by Vern in 1961, is being reproduced and will be released as the Golden Scout by Semroc.

The cost of the Golden Scout will be $7.50 per kit, and is Catalog No KV-4. It includes all parts and instructions, the Golden Scout Flight Pack is catalog No KV-4FP, and is $8.50. It includes a box with postage to return your completed Golden scout, and an address label that will be used to return your model after the launch. If your completed Golden Scout is returned to Semroc to fly at NARAM , it also includes the cost of one engine on the day of the launch, a certificate of participation and a return mailer with postage.

There will be a limited number of Golden scout Flight Packs available, with serial numbers from 1 to 1,500. There is NO limit on the number of Golden Scouts you can order, but, there is a limit of ten Golden scout Flight Packs per person. The serial numbers will be issued on a first come, first serve basis, as they are received.

Your completed Golden Scout MUST be returned to Semroc by July 1st,2008, in order to be launched at NARAM-50.

We ask that the primary color of all the returned Golden Scouts be a metallic Gold. The waterslide decal with your serical number MUST be applied to the Golden Scout.

After the launch, all of the Golden scouts will be sorted and returned to their owners, as soon as possible, along with the spent emgine casing and certificate of participation.

Plans are to mail them from the post office at The Plains, Virginia, the day after the launch.

Ken Montanye, the "Rocket Doctor", having provided the original concept and many additional inspirations, will be working with us to help coordinate and promote this Historic event.

The web address is Http://semroc.com/skyofgold/ and additional information will be available there.

Join us and be part of the "Sky Of Gold" and help to honor Vern and gleda.

Contact
Carl McLawhorn - carl@semroc.com
Ken Montanye - butlerrocketman@verizon.net
Rocket Doctor
Old 01-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Looks like you posted a little too soon. I went to the link provided to place my order but was met with a pic of a sky full of Scout's instead of an add to cart screen.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 01-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Looks like you posted a little too soon. I went to the link provided to place my order but was met with a pic of a sky full of Scout's instead of an add to cart screen.

Scott

I don't think that Carl has posted the kit on his site yet, but, it will be. We wanted to show you what 1,500 Scouts would look like taking to the sky "Sky Of Gold"
"
Why don't you email Carl for full details and please post this under vendors.
Thanks
RD
Old 01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
Scott

I don't think that Carl has posted the kit on his site yet, but, it will be. We wanted to show you what 1,500 Scouts would look like taking to the sky "Sky Of Gold"
"
Why don't you email Carl for full details and please psot this under vendors.
Thanks
RD

I know, I was just razzin' ya. We'll have Sheryl working overtime once these are released.

I'll move this post to the Vendors forum for you.

P.S. - I fixed some spelling errors you had in the first sentence of the announcement.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 01-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
We wanted to show you what 1,500 Scouts would look like taking to the sky "Sky Of Gold".

Carl,

I like the Scout that's coming straight down under full power up at the top.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 01-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Master Modeler

Thanks Scott
Old 01-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Forest Sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Carl,

I like the Scout that's coming straight down under full power up at the top.

Hey, that's MINE!!

Mark
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011
Old 01-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Master Modeler

This looks like fun, count me in. I'll be there, but I'm not sure I want to be part of the electrical crew on this one! Did you see rocket challenge were they tried to launch all those Mosquitos at once? Took them quite a while to get that all sorted.

So even if you plans on being in attendence, you still have to mail your entries?
Old 01-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foose4string
So even if you plans on being in attendence, you still have to mail your entries?
We will have some method of allowing kits brought to NARAM to be included, but probably without a certificate, special engine, etc., since we will be doing much of the matchup, prepping, and safety checking before we get there. Since we are hoping to have the launch on Saturday, it might be difficult to launch last minute Golden Scouts during the main launch, but wait for later in the week for a smaller launch including those with Scouts built during the week.

As you can tell, the only thing we know with absolute certainty is that it is going to be an enormous undertaking, with a few expected miracles to occur in the next few months.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 01-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Master Modeler

Yeah, I can see why you need them early. This is a huge undertaking to be sure. I can't imagine the hours it's going to take to coordinate this. Guess I'll get two then. I'll mail one back for the "official" launch and bring the second one as a backup, or to simply have something cool for Vern to sign (if it can be arranged).