Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokitflite
And to think that this was the *still growing* collection 4 years ago...

*drool* Won't you be my neighbor? *LOL*

Mine's grown since these were posted, but nothing really rare has been added;
http://www.cv41.org/personal/galler...?g2_itemId=9883

Last edited by Eagle3 : 08-14-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:04 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

rokitflite.

I have to say that you're obsessed

I definately never had that many, of course, if you never got rid of any, and have been at since the 80's...... (not sure if you remember me from the WUBBA days :-), when you were still trying to track down your first Cineroc , lol )
sold most of my collection in the early 90's, Dan S and Randy L got a lot of it, so maybe some is now in your hoard.

I do see a few in there that Scott ( and us, lol ) could use - not posted online anyplace:

Centuri Spirit of America
Red Eye ( I sent in the fin pattern)

( you don't have a Centuri Magnum Sprint, do you, one I've regretted selling to Dan, and wanted to clone for many years )

again, very nice.. stuff in there collectors would kill for .. the one I'm personally drooling over... definately the MPC Titan , very nice .

~ AL Swackhammer

Boostin bandits team T081
NAR 34644
Tripoli 090
Old 09-11-2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle3
*drool* Won't you be my neighbor? *LOL*

Mine's grown since these were posted, but nothing really rare has been added;
http://www.cv41.org/personal/gallery/kits

lol, pretty good collection you have going yourself, Eagle.

although much 'new' stuff that needs building

the Thoy and Lawn Dart kits are niiiiice ... and rare, I imagine.

( save those, build the Estes, Semroc, etc )

~ AL
Old 09-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Master Modeler

WUBBA? I Remember that name... What event was that and where was it?
Old 09-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
And to think that this was the *still growing* collection 4 years ago...

You're such a life saver! I showed my wife your collection. She promised never to pick on me again.... LOL

Don
NAR 53455
Old 09-11-2006, 05:35 PM

Quote:
WUBBA? I Remember that name... What event was that and where was it?

WUBBA launches were held outside Allentown ,PA , early to late 80's .. not sure which club(s), Pulsar,maybe ?
Art Rose, Charlie Sykos, etc ( And iirc, you either came with, or stayed with Terry Lee ? , my memory might be inconsistent, getting old, you know, lol ...
We were both B division at the earliest ones I attended, I think (?1984 maybe - along with Ken Mizoi from East meets West ) .
I distinctly recall you talking to either Terry or Herb ( or maybe Scott Pierce ?) about finding a Cineroc , as I was searching for one then, as well - did find one, flew it many times, including LDRS-6 , and sold it last year on e*^$.

I still have my trophies and WUBBA meet patches... * sigh * , nostalgic stuff

~ AL
Old 09-11-2006, 07:00 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Steve,

will have a 'surprise' for you later, once I get my scanned ported out

I actually have the CRM issue with the 2250 based 2 stager you built, but appreciate the offer.

( do you have a list of what CRM isues you have, here's a list of mine, if you have / need scans I'd love to trade :-)
California Rocketry
.........NEED April '81 (?1st), July '81
Have: Oct '81; Jan '82; April '82; July '82; Oct '82; Jan '83,April '83; July '83
........... ? need any after July '83 ???
(Oct '83,Jan '84,April '84,July '84 - these per Jerry's site )

I'll have to go back and look for that 2 staged 2650 photo, I was just thirlled to find the one I posted, lol ...
although, what else I recall from that centerfold is the ' what happened to Jim Jaworski' info,and pics of 38mm J motor flown in ,like 1980 ?
and the back cover USR ad has some great photos, including the Jaworski rocket ( later kitted by Jerry as the Megaroc ),on J and 8 x D12 power, iirc.
I might have to build a Megaroc for old time sake, I have the USR Mongrel, which uses the same fins, so I have patterns.(lmk if you want any 'unpostable' patterns,lol- AAA, Ace, USR, Loc,etc).
Did find a tracing I did of the fin pattern for the West Coast Rocketry Screamer kit, while looking for the AAA info I promised.
( see review here: http://www.rocketreviews.com/review...r_screamer.html ).
would be real easy to clone with Semroc or BMS Bt70HD tubing,and semi-custom cone.
I do know the original WCR kits used Kosdon 1.9 and 2.25" casting tubes, same tubing as Aerotech 1.9 ( also started life as 54mm casting tubes) and the 2.25 same as USR and Cd/Stargates tubing. ( this info straight from Kosdon when I was a dealer ).

more info as it turns up.

~ AL

The CRM issues I have scans for: 04-1981, 07-1981, 10-1981, 01-1982, 04-1982, 07-1982, 10-1982, 01-1983 and 04-1983 arranged into a .pdf file for each issue to make it easy to read through them. I don't have print copies of CRM. Some of those old CRM's are pretty cool. In the 01-1982 issue there's a picture of a 15 year old Gary R. holding a four stage Estes Omega

I may have to get with you to see what you have in your archives for ACE and AAA. If you want any of these CRM .pdf files I'd be more than happy to email them to you or burn to CD-R and snail mail. Let me know.
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 09-11-2006, 07:08 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Holy Schmidt that's a lotta rockets !
Not one, but TWO K-29 S1B's and TWO 1/45 LJII's !
Are you interested in selling any of them ?
I'll send a PM.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 09-11-2006, 07:24 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
ok guys, I have a breakthrough of sorts.

here's the scoop / what I recall, etc.

1) I know for CERTAIN this was a published plan, but for the life of me can not find it
I'd assumed maybe CRM, or High Power Research, but have triple checked every issue I have - might have been Model Rocketry, but I doubt it as most of the copies I have have come in the last couple years thanks to ebay.
I even checked all my club newsletters, just in case, with no results. .... thinking now it might have been in SNOAR News, since some members of our club were subscribed, and about the right timeframe, iirc.

2) I did find an invoice from Magnum Inc, Dec 1993 that has FSI 1.34" parts tacked onto it, which I;m fairly sure were for this bird, so that's about when I built it .

3) I found the drawing posted below in a folder I have
hand drawn with dimmensions,etc, but rather detailed lengths, etc - I know this was not something I dreamed up, as I'd have just cut the tube and had it at that ( ie" boost and payload = 18" so one tube could be used, or else 18" sustainer tube, one cut for pl/ booster, etc.. hey I'm lazy with scratchbuilts, lol

sooo.. the mystery as tot he origin of the plans I saw deepens, but the photo of BJ Humpries prooves the bird exists, it;s too close of a match to my drawing and builtup .
Photos of the built rocket show my "heavily influenced by Ron Schultz and others in the late 80's " auto paint,mylar wraps,etc.

Enjoy .

~ AL

AL

That drawing looks so old you should submit it to the Smithsonian Institution
Looks like a pretty straight forward rocket to build and makes me wish the F100 was still around to use in the booster. Without electronics it might be best to build it with Semroc 24mm adapters in both stages for Estes D and E's but either way would be cool to build.

But really, thanks very much for posting! Do you remember if that was really the name of that rocket, EnerJet Sonic 36? I have a buddy of mine that has fallen out of rocketry that has a bunch of the old SNOAR News. I need to look him up and see what issues he still has. He joined TRA a year or so before I did and his Tripolitan magazine predates mine so I may see if he'll let those go too because I'd like to have them for reference.

And yes I recognize the Ron Schultz influence on your rocket but I still put horizontal bands on many of my rockets!

I'll let you know if I can get my hands on some old SNOAR news issues and if I run across that plan set. Thanks again for posting the specifics!
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
Old 09-11-2006, 07:30 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
You're such a life saver! I showed my wife your collection. She promised never to pick on me again.... LOL

Don
NAR 53455

I'm thinking of doing the same
SAM# 0052