Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Rocket Boosted Gliders
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Bona-Fide Space Hero

Alright... Modification number ... whatever...

I have some issues with the forward bulkheads/thrust disk blowing out. My interim fix was so add a Semroc centering ring to the bulkhead and glue in place (actually the glue went in first).

That should give a little more grip for the bulkhead, plus there is some more glue up there.

My next section launch is March-14th, so we'll see how it works then - gives me just enough time to re-trim them...
Old 02-14-2015, 07:30 PM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironnerd
I also got tired of being jerked around by NAR. I put in a very simple Rules Change Proposal; to add STAGED ALTITUDE as an event, after all, we have CLUSTER ALTITUDE - and a provisional even involving the timed drop of a Wiffle Ball . For a few years now, the NAR has strung me along, passing me from one officer to another. They never even put it out for a vote by membership. If they said "No" I would be cool with that, but answering by not answering is for little kids.

I did not know they could keep your proposal off the ballot. If "craftspersonship" made it, anything should.

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 02-14-2015, 08:05 PM
Bona-Fide Space Hero

I put it in on time, and never saw it on the ballot. I was told it was really just a sub-set of the altitude event. It was then passed on to another contest director who replaced the outgoing contest director. Then it just went away.

I have a new proposal for the same event typed up and printed. I plan to send it out to NAR HQ on 15-July of this year. It is worded a little differently this time as it is "...a competitive event specifically for, and exclusive to, multi-stage rockets."
Old 02-15-2015, 02:57 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironnerd
I put it in on time, and never saw it on the ballot. I was told it was really just a sub-set of the altitude event. It was then passed on to another contest director who replaced the outgoing contest director. Then it just went away.

I have a new proposal for the same event typed up and printed. I plan to send it out to NAR HQ on 15-July of this year. It is worded a little differently this time as it is "...a competitive event specifically for, and exclusive to, multi-stage rockets."
Having just read your posting about your proposed Staged Altitude event above, an idea occurred to me: Why not *also* suggest it to Stuart Lodge (e-mail: stuart.lodge1@ntlworld.com ) as an FAI level, international space modeling event? Stuart, who is a long-time FAI model rocketry competitor *and* contest judge (as well as the author of several books on model rocketry), has lamented the "stagnant" status of FAI competition, saying that new events--and modifications to existing ones--are badly needed. Your event is just the sort of new, fresh event that he would love to cover and discuss in his interspace... FAI competition space modeling e-mail newsletter (subscription to it is *free* for the asking!). He recently ran an article on the NAR Concept Scale category, which he also thinks would invigorate FAI model rocketry competition. Wouldn't it be peachy if the NAR ignored your proposal (I certainly hope they won't this time), but the *world's* space modeling organization picked up your idea and ran with it? :-)
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR