Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2018, 03:38 PM
Craftsman

Default Semroc Numbered kits

Does anyone know how many kits Carl would number? I have a "Starship Vega" kit that is numbered #00010
just curious to know.
Thank you
Old 07-30-2018, 03:56 PM
Dazed and Confused

Carl mentioned it on this forum a few times and it varied based on the kit. I don't know how easy it will be to find it. Sheryl will probably know and checks in often.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:57 PM
Dazed and Confused

Ok, it was a lot easier than I thought. 30 to 100 based on the kit. He elaborated on it here:

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/show...324&postcount=1
Old 07-30-2018, 04:13 PM
Craftsman

Thank you for the quick reply and the link. That was really interesting.
I had tried google but didn't really get anywhere with useful information.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:05 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

I believe that when Semroc started up again around 2003, they may have numbered the kits they started re-releasing with even higher production numbers than 100.
I have a Triton #365, Micron #319, Swift #267, Hydra VII #452, Laser X #428, etc.
For example this current ebay listing has a Semroc Firefly with production #247 for sale:
OLD SEMROC FIRE FLY MODEL ROCKET
Semroc released the Firefly kit in 2004.

I think Semroc released the Starship Vega in 2012 when they were not numbering the kits as high anymore, as Carl described in the the post shared by Tbzep.

And of course the other most notable numbering variation was Semroc's historic Golden Scout celebration exactly ten years ago in which Carl & Sheryl produced individual Golden Scout kits with unique production #s up to #1500 (!) along with special signed certificates for those that were flown that summer. They must have been incredibly busy getting those ready!

Craig
SAM # 0010

Last edited by Space Ranger : 07-31-2018 at 02:22 AM. Reason: fixed ebay link
Old 07-31-2018, 03:45 AM
Craftsman

Default Numbered Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ranger
I believe that when Semroc started up again around 2003, they may have numbered the kits they started re-releasing with even higher production numbers than 100.
I have a Triton #365, Micron #319, Swift #267, Hydra VII #452, Laser X #428, etc.
For example this current ebay listing has a Semroc Firefly with production #247 for sale:
OLD SEMROC FIRE FLY MODEL ROCKET
Semroc released the Firefly kit in 2004.

I think Semroc released the Starship Vega in 2012 when they were not numbering the kits as high anymore, as Carl described in the the post shared by Tbzep.

And of course the other most notable numbering variation was Semroc's historic Golden Scout celebration exactly ten years ago in which Carl & Sheryl produced individual Golden Scout kits with unique production #s up to #1500 (!) along with special signed certificates for those that were flown that summer. They must have been incredibly busy getting those ready!

Craig
SAM # 0010

Craig, you are right. We were going to number all the kits but it started getting really hard for me to keep all the numbers straight as we kept adding new kits. Numbers were lower or higher, depending on the popularity of a kit. After a few years, I would print out at least 100 numbered decals for a kit but may not use them all. Keeping the numbers of the Golden Scout in order was a nightmare. I had to remember to stack the kits from highest number on bottom of each box to lowest at the top then keep about 10 boxes of 75 in order with a limited amount of space. It was well worth all the memories though!

Sheryl