Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

That looks real good, Steve.

Do you mind if I post the pic on my site?

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 05-13-2007, 04:01 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
That looks real good, Steve.

Do you mind if I post the pic on my site?

Sandman,

I just emailed you the image for your website. When I photographed the model this morning I asked my wife what she thought of it and all she kept saying was "the cone", "the cone". It's an attention getter.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I may not have to wait until the field in Winnsboro, LA is cleared of crops in the fall to get some flights in. We had most of our launch dates in early 2007 rained out and the rescheduled dates were a washed out as well. It looks like our Tripoli prefecture will be making some demo launches and have a display at BabelCon coming up August 4th in Baton Rouge at the convention center about an hours drive away.

The .pdf event flyer and website are in these links, it looks like fun.

http://www.dancebackwards.com/files...ConB_WFlyer.pdf

http://www.babelcon.org/

This may be my next opportunity to launch but I need to look into this a little more.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 05-16-2007, 06:17 PM
The_Ripper

Default RockSim for Semroc LT-125 SLS FSI OSO - {Early Version - 1967 Catalog}

I finished the RockSim file for this model today. For anyone that would choose to build this model with surface mounted fins instead of the TTW fins I used, remember to remove the "TTW Fin Mount" tab depth of 0.06 x 3.50" length from RockSim to print a "surface mount" fin pattern.

I also attached a screen print of the flight simulation data using some common motors for anyone that doesn't have either RockSim or the Demo installed.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  RockSim Simulations Semroc FSI OSO {Early Version} LT125.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  260.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  000Semroc FSI OSO {Early Version} LT125.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  14.7 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: rkt Semroc FSI OSO {Early Version} LT125.rkt (105.2 KB, 77 views)
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
Old 05-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Forest Sprite

Post Back Online

Hi, fellow FSI freaks!

I've been offline for awhile. On 4/26/07, the hard drive on my computer crashed, and, for good measure, the video card failed too. I only got everything back from the repair shop a few days ago, and I'm still catching up. (Miraculously, they were able to restore my complete HD, even though I had never made a backup.) So anyway, where was I... ?

Steve! You did build that SLS OSO!! GREAT pictures. That is one beautiful nosecone - I'm so jealous now! Your model is positively pin-up worthy!!

Please, please post more pics! And a flight report, too, whenever...

I did do some building while I was offline, but no FSI clone stuff, even though I had parts and plans. I am using my computer a lot for my FSI project, for such things as tube fin patterns for the Vikings, double-checking accuracy with published plans and pictures, consulting with all of you FSI experts on this forum, etc.

I really, really missed that last thing. I just didn't want to proceed without a 'Net, so to speak.

But now I'm back, and am ready to go again. The last FSI clone I built was the Penetrator, circa mid-70's to early '90's version. Next up: Micro, Viking III, and, at long last, an accurate Viking I. An Echo 1 was supposed to be on that list, too, but I screwed up and didn't order enough ST-13 from Semroc, so it will have to wait for the next order.

(Then, after that, I do see some sport scale models in the near future... )

And, yes, I still need to get to work on painting all of the clone that I've built so far and then putting on those great Excelsior decals.

Mark K.
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011
Old 06-01-2007, 06:03 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
Steve! You did build that SLS OSO!! GREAT pictures. That is one beautiful nosecone - I'm so jealous now! Your model is positively pin-up worthy!!

Please, please post more pics! And a flight report, too, whenever...

Mark K.

Thanks Mark. I'm very pleased with the way my SLS OSO came out. It's really solid. The only thing I'm unhappy about is it doesn't look like I'm going to fly it at the Southern Thunder launch in Manchester, TN June 9th and 10th due to my schedule. I do have a buddy that offered to bring me back some RoadRunner single use motors to fly later this year here in Louisiana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
And, yes, I still need to get to work on painting all of the clone that I've built so far and then putting on those great Excelsior decals.

Mark K.

I'm real interested to see how your Hercules comes together. The cluster mount you used should make for some interesting flights!

SAM# 0052