Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Addicted Collector.. now Rockets

Default Estes Rainbow Hang Tag Variation: Request For Information

Would appreciate forum member help on a variation of the Estes rainbow hang tag that appears on this USS Atlantis kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...:L:COSI:US:1123

Previously, I've listed the rainbow hang tag as 7th generation but all seen have "1 Model Kit" in English and French in the upper right side and lower case rainbow lettering on front and back. I bought this Atlantis kit specifically due to the hang tag having a large pink or red circle in place of the "1 Model Kit" outline and the rainbow colored letters are in block capital lettering rather than lower case on 7th generation.

Would appreciate any information as I need to update the Estes database hang tag guide and properly list this rainbow tag. Is this a generation 8 hang tag or a variation used at the same time as generation 7?

I also suspect the usage of this hang tag is quite low.

Thanks for the help!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:37 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

That is the first time I have ever seen that particular variation of hang tag and was surprised when I saw it. I have been in this hobby for quite a while and thought I had seen just about every version of hang tag, but this one is a first. I suspect the usage was VERY low; most likely only a short portion of one year.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 05-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Addicted Collector.. now Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
That is the first time I have ever seen that particular variation of hang tag and was surprised when I saw it. I have been in this hobby for quite a while and thought I had seen just about every version of hang tag, but this one is a first. I suspect the usage was VERY low; most likely only a short portion of one year.

Thank you for confirming my suspicion. I will probably list this hang tag as a variation of the more common rainbow hang tag for the time being as the color schemes seem to be the same. Also will compare the type of paper used for both to see if the same. From experience the rainbow hang tag paper is thin and easily becomes brittle, more so that earlier hang tags.

The pink or red dot was probably intended as a pricing sticker location similar to earlier skill level kit hang tags. But someone must have decided against that idea and pulled the paper tags out of the kit packaging process.

Sure would like to have more information.