Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm not a BAR - I've never quit!

Send a message via AIM to RocketBoy 32
Default Old rockets on eBay

I've been trying in vain to purchase a few of the older rockets whose plans aren't available anywhere on the web. My plan is to scan the plans and post them so we all have access to the wonderful rockets of our youth.

The thing is, I've never won any of these auctions. Not even one.

I'd really like to share these rockets but I can't. I have a hard time believing that we are in any kind of an economic crunch when anybody has 155 or 180 dollars to spend on an old Centuri kit. I don't get it.

So here's a little request to those of you who may know or who may be one of those people with way too much money on your hands.

PISS OFF AND STOP SCREWING THINGS UP FOR THE REST OF US!

Let the little people enjoy their bags of cardboard and balsa and stop making everything such a horrible mess by paying ridiculous amounts of money for something so simple. You've all managed to destroy the possibility that anyone who isn't filthy stinking rich or up to his eyeballs in credit card debt can enjoy the kits of yesteryear. I only need access to ONE each of the kits I'm looking for and then EVERYONE can have one.

I guess that's too much to ask.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Dazed and Confused

I feel your pain.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Surfrajettes Fan

RocketBoy,

I too feel your pain. I do not admit to being on of those over-funded individuals but I do revel in the fact that I'm much better funded than I was when I was 12. I have a max on eBay and I do not get involved in bidding wars. If my max is exceeded, then I wait till next time.

Out of curiousity, what are you looking for? Give us a list and perhaps we can ease your pain.

Awaiting First Launch: Too numerous to count
Finishing: Zooch Saturn V; Alway/Nau BioArcas; Estes Expedition; TLP Standard
Repair/Rescue: Cherokee-D (2); Centuri Nike-Smoke; MX-774
On the Bench: 2650;
Dream Stage: 1/39.37 R-7
Old 02-02-2011, 06:41 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

While the overall economy is down and unemployment is relatively high at 10%, there are some that are still doing relatively well.
Actually prices are DOWN on some kits and I have to believe it is the economy.
If the economy was UP, I doubt we would see original K29 Saturn 1B's going for less than $300.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 02-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Old Canuck Modeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoy 32
I've been trying in vain to purchase a few of the older rockets whose plans aren't available anywhere on the web. My plan is to scan the plans and post them so we all have access to the wonderful rockets of our youth.

The thing is, I've never won any of these auctions. Not even one.

I'd really like to share these rockets but I can't. I have a hard time believing that we are in any kind of an economic crunch when anybody has 155 or 180 dollars to spend on an old Centuri kit. I don't get it.

So here's a little request to those of you who may know or who may be one of those people with way too much money on your hands.

PISS OFF AND STOP SCREWING THINGS UP FOR THE REST OF US!

Let the little people enjoy their bags of cardboard and balsa and stop making everything such a horrible mess by paying ridiculous amounts of money for something so simple. You've all managed to destroy the possibility that anyone who isn't filthy stinking rich or up to his eyeballs in credit card debt can enjoy the kits of yesteryear. I only need access to ONE each of the kits I'm looking for and then EVERYONE can have one.

I guess that's too much to ask.

I have a bunch of older plans, but not sure if I have any that you are looking for................if you post a list perhaps folks here could help.

Joe
Old 02-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Incurable Model Rocketeer

Send a message via Yahoo to DeanHFox

Like some others here, I have an extensive fleet, and have shared my parts, plans, and decals to other fliers and vendors for cloning purposes.

I'd be happy to share scans/etc. or point you to vendors to help you fill out your fleet, as well --- can you provide specifics of what you're missing?

If your aim is to recreate classics of old, I can't think of a better (and much cheaper!) way of accomplishing that goal. Forget eBay unless you have to have an original.
NAR #53946SR

---- "Wherever you go, there you are"
Old 02-02-2011, 05:32 PM

I don't have to own the original at all. My only goal is to fill in the holes here on Rocketshoppe and JimZ as best I can.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Master Modeler

"The complexity of living is eminently favored to the simplicity of not."
Old 02-02-2011, 05:43 PM

If anyone has a Centuri Chuter 2 they'd be willing to scan I'd appreciate it. I tried to get one on eBay and it ended up selling for 187.50. Also the Recruiter Space Probe plans would be nice to have. That one sold for 177.50. Both of them sold to the same jerk that outbid me on both nosecone auctions on eBay last night in the last 5 seconds of the auction and ended up paying 140 some odd dollars for a bunch of nosecones worth maybe half that much.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Retired Missile Technician

If you go to www.semroc.com and click on "The Classics" they do have a link to the Chuter Two plans. The plans do not have any part numbers though. There is the scan for the fins and SEMROC offers laser-cut fins FCE-KC16 for $2. Www.ninfinger.org has scans of Centuri catalogs.
SEMROC also offers their retro-repro version of the Recruiter Space Probe (KV-22) for $18.50.

Chas