Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2017, 12:39 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
(your Mars Lander picture is visible below

That is hosted by Imgbox. So far I've fooled around with Flickr, Imagur, Google Photos, and Imgbox. I haven't tried ImageShack yet, but it will likely be the next one as soon as I have time to fool with it.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:44 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
That is hosted by Imgbox. So far I've fooled around with Flickr, Imagur, Google Photos, and Imgbox. I haven't tried ImageShack yet, but it will likely be the next one as soon as I have time to fool with it.
I'd not heard of Imgbox (or ImageShack) before--hopefully they'll decide to let Photobucket be the "low bar of service and customer satisfaction" in that field, and not put onerous restrictions and requirements on their members.
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR
Old 06-30-2017, 12:47 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
I'd not heard of Imgbox (or ImageShack) before--hopefully they'll decide to let Photobucket be the "low bar of service and customer satisfaction" in that field, and not put onerous restrictions and requirements on their members.

I see a lot of broken links from ImageShack. I don't know if it is due to the sheer volume of usage or if they are not a good host.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:45 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Photobukket always has sucked, as do most "3rd party" storage services.
Simple solution- DON'T USE THEM and store images where they BELONG; on YOUR OWN HARDWARE !!!!

Yeah I agree... I looked at hosting services when I got my first digital camera, found them irritating and troublesome... I just load pics directly out of my files as needed and if I have to downsize, it's SO easy to open them in paint and hit "resize" and reduce them to about 75% or maybe a lil smaller and that does the trick.

When I was on the Terribly Run Forum their pic uploader would automatically resize for you, so I created my threads there then cut n pasted them here, copied the pics from there to a temp file on my computer to re upload them here, then tossed the folder to get rid of the resized ones and kept the originals... Course I'm not on the Terribly Run Forum anymore so I just reduce them 25-60% in paint and upload them here direct, no problems, never broken links... I keep the originals full size on the file, upload copies that have been reduced, then toss the resized ones.

It helps to set your camera to 5 megapixel resolution instead of 10 or whatever, because it writes a smaller filesize that sometimes doesn't even need resizing to upload here...

Later! OL J R
Old 07-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Craftsman

This is really sad news on their policy change. I have used P/B since 2008 on numerous modeling forums. So many hard to find historical and detailed pictures will now be gone.
I just got my notice today, I must of had a grace period due to having a "old upgraded account" for more storage and no adds.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

I haven't looked in to it but the admins of a Toyota forum I frequent suggested using postimg.org now that Photobucket no longer works for hosting images.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 07-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I haven't looked in to it but the admins of a Toyota forum I frequent suggested using postimg.org now that Photobucket no longer works for hosting images.

I will add it to my list of hosts to look at.