Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2014, 06:11 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Default What is going on with TRF?

Soooooo...anyone?

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  TRF.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  62.4 KB  
Old 03-04-2014, 06:36 AM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Looks like the new and improved version.

Continuously says connecting . . . . here.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Well, it loads - eventually - and it looks like this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  TRF2.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  106.3 KB  
Old 03-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Out to launch...

It's working fine for me, though I have had that happen before. I've no clue what causes it, it just went back to normal on it's own.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Sometimes that happens to me at work if the IT nannies have blocked certain ports or media types...
Old 03-04-2014, 12:07 PM
BAR

well, with their new banner ads on top and bottom of every page, the thing is just slower than Christmas for me. I typically bring it up, hit "new posts", and then scroll down the list and open anything that interests me by right clicking it and "open in new tab". That's always worked great for me in the past, but now it seems that it's taking my machine close to locking up and slowing everything down pathetically... I guess the banner ads are overloading my machine. Won't even let you scroll until the crap ads have finished loading (which I purposely ignore anyway). If I go to reply, it skips about every third or fourth letter I type, unless I type pathetically slow so the machine can keep up. NO other website does that to me.

I'm getting REAL tired of the BS REAL quick...

It's all going pretty much how I expected it to go... this ain't my first rodeo... I've seen all this sort of BS before...

Later! OL JR
Old 03-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Out to launch...

Seems like it's causing fits for some using IE, I've had no ill effects using Chrome.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Dazed and Confused

Old 03-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Born Late Rocketeer

It was only about three months ago on TRF that TRFAdministrator wrote:
Quote:
At this time there is nothing planned. The private ads and Skimlinks are suffice.

We do know that showing ads to members is not positive.

If we do something or plan something I will post about it....

And I said to myself, "Huh. I bet that's what's generally known as 'lying', right?"

Right, as it turns out.
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com
Old 03-04-2014, 11:03 PM
BAR

I've seen this sort of thing time and time and time again... it just keeps coming, drip by drip, getting worse and worse, until you drown in it...

Some megacompany wanted a toxic injection well into an old salt dome in the next town over... folks fought them to a standstill in the public hearings. Permit refused. SO, they simply kept reapplying every six months for years on end... eventually folks just "wore out" and got tired of fighting it, and they got their permit...

We cotton farmers fought the TX boll weevil eradication foundation all the way to the TX Supreme Court... basically they FORCED you to pay them $20 per acre on every acre of cotton planted or they could place a lien on your farm if you didn't pay... basically, it was giving an "independent" (quasi-gov't) company working on the gubmints behalf the power to tax-- no exceptions, with the power to levy liens without recompense. The Supreme Court sided with the farmers and judged it unconstitutional. The farmers all patted each other on the back, breathed a huge sigh of relief, and went on as if nothing happened. I figured " give it a year, maybe two, but they'll be back-- they'll figure out a new 'angle' to screw folks, and implement it full-tilt boogey. Sure enough, they came back a year or two later, having "reworked" the program and instituted a plan where you had to pay your assessments and they would issue you a "letter of permission" to sell YOUR crop. Without this letter of permission, you could sell your crop, BUT the seller was required to issue the check payable to YOU AND TBWEF (boll weevil foundation). Then when you went to the bank to deposit it, the bank wouldn't without it being COSIGNED by the TBWEF... so you had to go to their offices where they'd readily agree to sign it-- once you paid the taxes, fees, interest, and penalties... I'm no **** serf and don't intend to be a slave on my own land, so I quit growin cotton...

There's a lot of other times I've seen this sort of stupidity... so it's absolutely NO surprise that the "promises" made by the new for-profit TRF owners isn't worth the hot air and electrons used to disburse them. This whole situation became inevitable the minute the forum was sold to a group of for-profit outsiders. I can promise you something else, too... it will ONLY GET WORSE WITH TIME...

It was nice while it lasted...

Later! OL JR