Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Saturn 1b nut

thanks bargeezer...I love the Zooch 1b. The Flis kits is a fun build too but the tower is difficult. I kinda screwed up on mine a bit..but they are on and reasonably straight. I love the 1b...just a cool looking rocket. My personal favorite.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:51 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARGeezer
...incorporated into the Zooch tower: spoofing the tower motor nozzles using a sharpened dowel and cutting off the tip...!

I added cardstock nozzles to my Zooch 1B, 1mm to 3mm dia. transition over 4mm length, about the size of a sharpened pencil lead. PayloadBay.Com template attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LES Nozzle.pdf (18.4 KB, 42 views)
Old 12-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Avid Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenP
I added cardstock nozzles to my Zooch 1B, 1mm to 3mm dia. transition over 4mm length, about the size of a sharpened pencil lead. PayloadBay.Com template attached.

Yikes! Forming and gluing that will be a real challenge. BTW I'm learning a lot about micro modeling through this build. There's a bunch of specialty tools, including micro tweezers over at Micro Mark: https://www.micromark.com/
I guess model railroad and shipbuilders use them. New to me.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:45 AM
Saturn 1b nut

Glen's Zooch Saturn 1b looked fantastic. He also made a display insert of 4 smaller H-1 engine bells that fit into the engine mount. I thought that was a really neat idea!

I used Evergreen plastic tubing for my LES nozzels. I bought a variety pack and simply cut the tubing at an angle and glued into place.

my wife is a quilter and every year I go with her to a quilt show. I bought some excellent micro tweezers at that show. I like the ones that are self closing. They act like a small clamp. They are essential I think for the Flis 1b! (as well as a lighted magnifying glass that I also purchased there!!)
Old 12-09-2018, 10:49 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrick
...a quilter and every year I go with her to a quilt show. I bought some excellent micro tweezers at that show...

I also borrowed from my wife’s sewing kit a small set of sharp point scissors used for cutting stitches, to cut those small transitions out of the cardstock paper.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Saturn 1b nut

that is a really great idea! I am going to look for those next time we go to her quilting show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenP
I also borrowed from my wife’s sewing kit a small set of sharp point scissors used for cutting stitches, to cut those small transitions out of the cardstock paper.