Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2006, 07:40 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
AL

That drawing looks so old you should submit it to the Smithsonian Institution
Looks like a pretty straight forward rocket to build and makes me wish the F100 was still around to use in the booster. Without electronics it might be best to build it with Semroc 24mm adapters in both stages for Estes D and E's but either way would be cool to build.

But really, thanks very much for posting! Do you remember if that was really the name of that rocket, EnerJet Sonic 36? I have a buddy of mine that has fallen out of rocketry that has a bunch of the old SNOAR News. I need to look him up and see what issues he still has. He joined TRA a year or so before I did and his Tripolitan magazine predates mine so I may see if he'll let those go too because I'd like to have them for reference.

And yes I recognize the Ron Schultz influence on your rocket but I still put horizontal bands on many of my rockets!

I'll let you know if I can get my hands on some old SNOAR news issues and if I run across that plan set. Thanks again for posting the specifics!

I'm assuming that was the name, since that's what I labelled it - of course it might have been called that by who-ever drew it .
side note - since CD used the 'sonics' moniker, has me thinking Gary might have drawn it, or possibly Irvine for CRM, but I;ve not been able to turn it up .
you'll agree with me it is definately the bird BJ Humphries is holding, so does have historical significance, just bugs me to no end to not have the info / source :-(

~ AL