Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default First Manned American Spacecraft In Orbit!

Hello everyone,

Came across this site today, and while what I'm selling isn't an actual model rockey, this is without a doubt a piece of aviation history. If anyone can appericate that, I believe some of you guys will. Plus, it is related to rockets and aerospace, so I figure it fits in here.

I have recently completed building and painting a 1/12 scale (atomic city/mrc) model of the Mercury space capsule, Friendship 7. This was the first american manned spacecraft, and being an aerospace fellow myself, it holds a special place in my heart. This was John Glenns capsule, and the kit itself is a very well crafted model.

I've built a few of these over the year or so its been out, and I wanted this one to really stand-out. With a few extra touches, much more realistic details can be obtained. Some of the details I added were wires running from the instrument panel, additional cables inside to represent various tubing. Also went and dotted every rivet with silver, as in many reference photos I used, the rivets were clearly visible. I also wanted to replicate the multicolor instrument panels used, which was so the astronaut could finding different readins and switches quickly.

The only thing the base kit lacks is a suitable base. I've opted to build my own, which perches it at a nice 45 degree angle. I hope you guys like it, as this is the nicest verision Ive built yet. However, I need the money for some other artwork Im working on, and I plan to build a lighted verision in the not to distant future for my own shelf.

Heres the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...em=220091059364

I figured after poking around here that some of you might be interested in this, and might have a good home for it.

thanks for looking
Josh A