Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ
Default U.S. Rockets

I understand USR kits are not as available as they might be due to massive, repeated, thefts of the business (literally), but when do the OOP kits get a piece of the Y ORF kudos?

Start with Round Fin 10, F-Dart, and Push Pull at least.

Jerry
Old 01-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Incorrigible Kit Basher

... what the heck are you talking about?
Once upon a better day... SAM #0076
My site: http://rocketry.gonnerman.org
Old 01-17-2008, 07:26 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
I understand USR kits are not as available as they might be due to massive, repeated, thefts of the business (literally), but when do the OOP kits get a piece of the Y ORF kudos?

Jerry

Jerry, I have never had the opportunity to buy a US Rocket kit here on the East coast. The three you just mentioned sound intruiging. Maybe you could send in plan copies to YORF and we could see them, and clone them, if you give permission?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine

Jerry,

If you want to send me scans of plans, decals (if any), fin templates and parts lists (showing size of tubes, etc.) of any of your kits, I'll gladly post them on YORP for you. You can send them to scotth at execpc dot com.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 01-17-2008, 04:31 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

hmm, would love to see plans posted for USR kits - they should be acknowledged as some of the early PIONEERS in the organized HPR sport.

Not familiar with a roundfin 10, and the push pull sounds vaguely familiar ( will have to look back at old info ), but I _ DO _ recall the F dart was in early ( circa 1981 ? ) Claremont Rocket Society ads.

I have plans to a few, and some kits surviving, if Jerry gives permision to post, not sure what kits are considered OOP and what can still be found,etc.

One I always wanted to build was the STARFIRE 2 stage, ever since Jerry flew his at LDRS 5, and then seeing Bill ? ( last name escapes me ) candy red one at Octoberfest 90.

USR kits I have in my possesion:

- Aero-Roc ( modified with 7 x 18mm mounts )
- SWARM ( undergoing a partial rebuild after a nasty zipper )
- Mongrel ( 2.6" host mount ( TM )
- Sonic 2200
- Micro Interoc (unbuilt)

I had a USR Hi Test 2650 ( lost, LDRS 6 ), CCCV, WARP 2 (sold, see Nick Hills' EMRR review), and a Banshee (lost locally). might've been 1-2 others, but that's the basics.

Nice 'no-fluff' 'get-the-job-done' early kits. would love to build a few others someday ( so many builds, so little time and ca$h )

~ AL
Old 01-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Dazed and Confused

I thought USR was sold several years ago. Do the rights of the designs stay with J.I. or the new owner?
Old 05-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Rocket Powered Preacher

There have been several USR kits that I have wanted and have tried to order. I sent in the emails on several occasions over the last year and never heard anything back. I posted a question on TRF asking if USR was still in business and the consensus I heard there is maybe, maybe not.

There are still some USR kits I would like. Unfortunatly, even if the doors were wide open to me now, I would be unable to purchase them all. SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED has put her foot down about the number of deliveries I get around here. Still, there are quite a few on my wish list. Mostly though, I wish I could get a response.
TRA 03040, L1 8 March 2008
Photos of the "Fleet": http://www.flickr.com/photos/23694991@N03/

I used to tell Mom, "...I want to fly rockets when I grow up!"

She said, "Make up your mind, you can't do both!"
Old 05-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL3
There are still some USR kits I would like. Unfortunatly, even if the doors were wide open to me now, I would be unable to purchase them all. SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED has put her foot down about the number of deliveries I get around here. Still, there are quite a few on my wish list. Mostly though, I wish I could get a response.

Have them shipped to your work address. Sneak them in the house when she's not there. Swear that you've had them for months/years and just haven't gotten around to building them yet. Don't forget to get your own private checking account and CC for purchases and do all the transactions online so there won't be a paper trail for her to accidently run across. Oh....and take out a life insurance policy on yourself for the kids. Don't forget to update your last will and testiment to state that all your rocket goodies go to me.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Craftsman

Jerry,please send plans for the usr weightlofter
Old 05-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Forest Sprite

I have been very interested in purchasing some kits from US Rockets as well, but I keep getting put off because it it seems like the only time I ever hear any mention of the company, it is in reference to some problem with placing and receiving orders. Just what is the status of the company? They show plenty of cool stuff on their website, and at great prices, too. What are people's experiences with ordering from them?

Mark
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011