Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Building Techniques
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:18 AM
1320 1320 is offline
Junior Rocketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8
Default Better Pictures?

Recently purchased an off the shelf rocket that takes a photograph during recovery. Well, all my photos are of the clouds, that's cool but I'd like some ground shots now. Can you control the recovery to the point that the rocket is on it's way down before it pops the 'chute?

Can it be controlled by adding weight or maybe a different engine?

Help!

Thanks;

Jamie
Lexington, KY
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:28 AM
Ltvscout's Avatar
Ltvscout Ltvscout is offline
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 5,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320
Recently purchased an off the shelf rocket that takes a photograph during recovery. Well, all my photos are of the clouds, that's cool but I'd like some ground shots now. Can you control the recovery to the point that the rocket is on it's way down before it pops the 'chute?

Can it be controlled by adding weight or maybe a different engine?

Help!

Thanks;

Jamie
Lexington, KY

What size engine are you using, Jamie? What you need is one with a longer delay.
__________________
Scott D. Hansen
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe - Your One Stop BAR Shoppe!
Ye Olde Rocket Plans - OOP Rocket Plans From 38 Companies!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
Ye Olde Rocket Auction
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:34 AM
1320 1320 is offline
Junior Rocketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8
Default

Thanks for the quick reply! Using the engines that came with it but don't recall the numbers, maybe C6-5's....

What is the longest delay engine in the C class?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Ltvscout's Avatar
Ltvscout Ltvscout is offline
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 5,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320
Thanks for the quick reply! Using the engines that came with it but don't recall the numbers, maybe C6-5's....

What is the longest delay engine in the C class?

If they are C6-5's you'll want to use C6-7's which is the longest delay available in the C class motors.
__________________
Scott D. Hansen
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe - Your One Stop BAR Shoppe!
Ye Olde Rocket Plans - OOP Rocket Plans From 38 Companies!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
Ye Olde Rocket Auction
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:39 AM
1320 1320 is offline
Junior Rocketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8
Default

Great. Thanks a million. Will give it a try and post results.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Ltvscout's Avatar
Ltvscout Ltvscout is offline
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 5,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320
Great. Thanks a million. Will give it a try and post results.

Cool. If you have a scanner, scan the photos to post here after your flights.
__________________
Scott D. Hansen
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe - Your One Stop BAR Shoppe!
Ye Olde Rocket Plans - OOP Rocket Plans From 38 Companies!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
Ye Olde Rocket Auction
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe 1998-2018