Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default What rocket company was in Mineral Point, WI?

Back in my teens when I was into rocketry there was a rocket company in Mineral Point, WI. I lived in northern Illinois and it wasn't too far away. A friend of mine was a pilot and was actually flying to Mineral Point to pick up a friend of his to fly to Missouri. I hitched a ride and we spent part of the day in Mineral Point, with me going through the phone book to see where the company was located. Never found it, and found out later that the company went out of business.

My memories are a little fuzzy- I know Flight Systems was in Missouri, but did they ever move to WI? If I remember correctly, this company had quite an extensive tabloid-sized catalog. They had a very wide variety of engine sizes and impulses. I was always designing rockets on paper during class at school to use these engines, but never quite had the money to buy everything I needed.

I'm sure the company is probably well know by most of you, but I just can't remember the name. Thanks!