Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2010, 03:38 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Default More vintage Estes stuff

Hello everyone,

I want to thank all of you for the success of my last ebay auction of the fifteen vintage rockets. I am now offering one more that was not built or even opened as yet. It is the USS Atlantis #1283. However, I also have some other things such as the Altiscope and some tubes, nose cones, and other parts that I would like to offer to all of you that are more highly skilled than I. There is also a good supply of balsa wood for fins and other construction. One piece is 36" long as well as a 3 foot launching rod and wooden dowel. I didn't include it, because I don't know how to ship it as yet.

The altiscope is a pretty neat device that is primitive, but would compliment any collection. It came to me already opened, but all of the parts are there. I've never seen them mentioned or sold, and they don't appear on Gerry Fortin's list (an excellent work indeed). I hope it is desired by someone.

I take this all very seriously, and my shipping especially. Quick times and safe packaging is super important. Perhaps if someone buys the tubes, they may want the other stuff, and meanwhile, I'll do my homework on how to properly mail it inexpensively.

The following link will take you to it all. http://shop.ebay.com/dpk360/m.html?...=&_trksid=p4340 If it doesn't work as a link, please copy and paste into your browser.

Again, I thank you all.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
One piece is 36" long as well as a 3 foot launching rod and wooden dowel. I didn't include it, because I don't know how to ship it as yet.

Try using poster or map mailing tubes. You should be able to find a 48" - or rather a local UPS store should be able to. I know that ULINE et. al. sells them, just not sure if you want to buy 50 at a $1.25 each..
"The complexity of living is eminently favored to the simplicity of not."
Old 10-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Mailing big stuff

Thanks, I remembered that USPS offers the triangular shaped mailer that is fairly long. I think that it is a flat rate price $10.70, but one thing about rocketry: nothing is very heavy.