Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > BARCLONE > Designer's Studio
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2009, 07:28 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Exclamation New Design -- Penetrator Mk II

Another new plan...from 2007...

I've located a number of plans that were on my computer but not posted to the BARCLONE threads for various reasons. These plans did, however, get listed in our official design count, so I needed to bring them up-to-date and get them out here for everyone to view.

This model did need revising, as RockSim pointed out. It has high Dv numbers as the power goes up, but it's still within limits if you use the Quest C6-5 instead of the Estes.

Length: 18.70"
Diameter: 0.908" (ST-8)
Fin Span: 6.06"
Weight: 1.76 oz

Launch rod: 36" x 1/8"

A8-3.......154'......Dv 13 FPS
B4-4.......414'......Dv 6 FPS
B6-4.......425'......Dv 10 FPS
C6-5Q......984'......Dv 23 FPS

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Penetrator Mk II 2D.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  33.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Penetrator Mk II 3D.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  16.7 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: rkt Penetrator Mk II.rkt (78.0 KB, 120 views)

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 02-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Oddroc-eteer

Very nice design Craig....one of the better ones out of a sea of great ones. MHO only of course.

PS- I like the new forum areas.
Co-moderator of the MicroMaxRockets, microhybrids, and OddRocs Yahoo groups
Volunteer compiler of product news for ROCKETS Magazine
Old 02-07-2009, 08:33 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstaff3
Very nice design Craig....one of the better ones out of a sea of great ones. MHO only of course.

PS- I like the new forum areas.

Thanks, Dick. I'm hoping my regulars will chime in as well, as I'm looking for an opinion about continuing with the traditional "long threads", or with the idea of breaking up the design posts into separate threads for individual discussion. I'm in favor of the latter, as it focuses some of the discussion toward that model.

I've got a few more rabbits in the old hat to pull out soon, they just need "cleaning up".

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 02-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Just another BAR!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Thanks, Dick. I'm hoping my regulars will chime in as well, as I'm looking for an opinion about continuing with the traditional "long threads", or with the idea of breaking up the design posts into separate threads for individual discussion. I'm in favor of the latter, as it focuses some of the discussion toward that model.

I've got a few more rabbits in the old hat to pull out soon, they just need "cleaning up".

I'm not sure I've made "regular" status yet, but I think the new Barclone forum sections look great and I like the idea of single design threads!

You can tell a lot of hard work and effort went into the new additions.

Thanks!

... Bill
Old 02-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Wink Intermittently regular?

Quote:
I'm hoping my regulars will chime in as well, as I'm looking for an opinion about continuing with the traditional "long threads", or with the idea of breaking up the design posts into separate threads for individual discussion. I'm in favor of the latter, as it focuses some of the discussion toward that model.
Initially, the individual design threads are a bit overwhelming by their sheer volume. *However,* given our collective difficulty at trying to track down older designs that have proven uncommonly hard to find... I think I'm leaning the same direction as you are, Craig. (And for our viewers out there, that has nothing to do with the YORF political thread. )

Quote:
(Announcer's voice) "Craig McGraw, making it a point to occasionally shift Jay Goemmer's paradigm, ever since... (distracted fumbling around) ...whenever it was they first hooked up."

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 02-08-2009, 11:22 AM
The_Ripper

Quote:
I'm hoping my regulars will chime in as well, as I'm looking for an opinion about continuing with the traditional "long threads", or with the idea of breaking up the design posts into separate threads for individual discussion.

I think the new indexing system is great. I like the new BARCLONE forum section as well. With the new system, long threads aren't really needed any more now that all designs will be only a click away in the master list. Since you're the guy maintaining it I say whatever is the easiest way for you to handle it go forward with that.

I personally have searched YORF in other topics to try to find old designs that I never thought of submitting to BARCLONE that I have produced & attached RockSim files for. Some have been flight proven but it always proves to be a challenge when I try to locate them because if I search the names and have mentioned it in multiple threads it can still prove to be a long search, especially in the longer threads. I intend to gather up some of those older designs and place them here to be properly cataloged and indexed for all to enjoy .....

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates