Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Default Estes motors out of production

While the 01/01/06 Estes price list shows them as available, the new price list due next month will show the B6-0, D11-P and E9-P as discontinued.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 01-25-2006, 08:27 AM
Knuckle Draggin' Engineer

I guess I'll have to start buying up B6-0's. This is getting ridiculous.

Joe W
Old 01-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
While the 01/01/06 Estes price list shows them as available, the new price list due next month will show the B6-0, D11-P and E9-P as discontinued.

I have a clustered model on the drawing board that will use the D11-P's & E9-P's for the
outboard motors. ****, this IS getting ridiculous! The beauty of using the plugged motors
is that it'll reduce the wear and tear of those 24 mm bodytubes they'll be housed in during
flight and you don't have to worry about them ejecting. Maybe I can go to one of our local
vendor...he still has plenty of out of production Estes motors in stock, including the 24 mm
plugged motors.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:57 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

This is getting downright *******.
More typical idiotic decisions made by non rocket people (idiot marketers and bean-counters).
If I had the budget to do so, I'd make Estes an offer for the company that was huge, re-hire Vern for 1 day a week for a large salary, then turn them back into the good ol days of the late 60's, early 70's but even better with more engine offerings. Kits would NEVER become discontinued, they would go to limited production or produced per order for the less popular ones.
Thank god that Aerotech is ran by a real rocket person that has been expanded to include other applications.
Until we get a REAL hobby/rocket company RAN by hobby/rocket people (NO outside mamby-pamby bean counters) actually PRODUCING (not buying them from some 3rd world supplier of fireworks, etc) BP engines the condtion will continue to get worse. If I could get all of the BP motors I needed outside of Estes (are you hearing this Quest ?) I would boycott them completely. The discontinuation of the D11-P and E9-P does not really effect me (but I'm sure does others), but the B6-0 sure does ! Not only does Quest discontiue this one but then does Estes.

I wish Carl would tool up the old line that Semroc used to produce motors in the late 60's to 70's. They had a really great variety.
I'd be willing to pay more (say 10-15%) than Estes prices (but must be below the price for composites) for real variety from a new supplier.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !