Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
just need to find a way to get them intot he US, I know I've written / contacted this company with little results, and Phred has tried to get samples for his collection, with no response that I know of.

Have you guys tried to enlist the pyrotechnic groups to help you with this? I may be misinformed here. I know that a lot of the pyrotechnic stuff they use comes from domestic sources, but I thought a significant amount of stuff, both pre-made and components, came from China.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Master Modeler

Default Discontinued Motors for 2006

There is one "local" vendor here in the Houston area who still has the 24 mm C motors as
well as the 13 mm A10-0T's. Go to this follow link and check it out:

http://www.launchpad2000.com

This mail order vendor is partly owned/run by one of our Challenger 498 club member and
officer, Harvey Miller III, and has a reputation for fast, friendly service. Around the middle
of last year, at a club launch, I personally asked Harvey about the avaliable stock of the
A10-0T's, and he assured me they have plenty on hand. I assume the same is true for the
24 mm C's. They also have the popular AT motors as well.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
NAR #78048 L1 - Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke Rocketeer
... The guys at PSC can verify how much I launched last summer and fall...right John???

Joe W

That's correct - Joe came in second as our most Frequent Flyer in 2005. At the rate Joe was flying we were beginning to wonder if he had worked out a stock option with Barry! Way to go Joe!

Our 2006 FF program gets underway in April. I'm investigating prizes even better than last year. Joe - are you going to be able to make few launches with us this year now that you've relocated?

BTW -we had our January launch today (as opposed to tomorrow - Steeler Day tomorrow!); we had to abort due to wind.
YORF #003
SAM #004
Old 01-15-2006, 02:05 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Estes has discontinued the C11-5, leaving the C11-3 as the only C11 still being produced.

The Estes B6-0 has NOT been discontinued.

Unfortunately, Quest has discontinued the B6-0 and the B6-2.

Hey, Scott...

Just saw this in another list's message...

The Screamin' Mimi was also discontinued. This really bites as much (if not more) than the loss of the C11, since it has so much that can be used for cloning a bunch of older kits..

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 01-16-2006, 06:51 AM
Rocketaholic

Default More motor variety please

I was perusing through a 1970 Semroc magazine on line and saw a nice variety of motors that was offered by the company back then.

Apogee used to carry a nice variety as well, prior to the Aerotech bldg burning to the ground in Vegas and having to relocate. That was a shame I know, but those are some of the risks that go along with motor making.

It would be nice to have a large variety to choose from, but I know that supply and demand and what motors sell more often probably has a lot to do with it.

I really liked the Enerjet motors, they were really a unique motor to say the least.