Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > WOOSH - Wisconsin Organization of Spacemodeling Hobbyists > WOOSH News
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Out to launch...

The Madcow Lil' Goblin flew nicely on the H242, but it needs a little more - tomorrow it gets an I357. Jart flew AWESOME on a Ceseroni H410 V-Max, to an impressive altitude of 2,572 feet. It gets a G80 tomorrow, taking this "closest to the pad" contest seriously now. Going to fly the 5" Jart tomorrow as well, probably wont be a contest contender on a K1100 , but it sure will be fun!
we left the launch early to visit a local winery very near Bong, to find out that the owner is a BAR and a member of this forum! Great place, with many unique wines and spirits made with fruits other than grapes - a nice change. Enjoying some pear wine right now. It was nice talking with you and your son, a very enthusiastic young rocketeer. I'd recommend you other wineo's in the area stop by and sample the offerings at Aeppeltreow Winery, I know we'll be back.
www.aeppeltreow.com
More tomorrow, time for a tick check.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Ciderwright

Thanks for the endorsement, Chad.

We'll get over to a launch someday - when I can pull my head out of tanks, kegs and barrels for long enough.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Out to launch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeppel_cpm
Thanks for the endorsement, Chad.

We'll get over to a launch someday - when I can pull my head out of tanks, kegs and barrels for long enough.

You're welcome, thank you for running a wonderful business with top-notch products! Was a very nice surprise to see you at the launch yesterday, hope you didn't get into too much trouble for sneaking out.
I was successful in my "do something stupid" mission yesterday, flying my Madcow Lil' Goblin on a new Aerotech I140W DMS single use motor to 4,017'. Motor performed well, so it seemed, I didn't see much of the flight. The stupid part came in the two-plus hours I spent tracking it down in the swamp. A funny thing came to mind while I was trudging through guts-deep swamp water, pulling weeds and reeds from my path - If that stupid little rocket didn't have that tracking beacon in it, I wouldn't bother! I realized I was more concerned in finding the tracking transmitter than the rocket - still doesn't make sense to me. Things like this usually happen to me when Tim comes out of the Leiroin den and says "Who has a rocket for this motor?" I'm often times the dumb one who yells "I DO!", and proceeds to lose a rocket, but I can't blame Tim this time because I had planned to do nearly the same thing anyway.
On a much less stressful note, I had another nice flight of my 5" Wildman Jart, this time with the K1100. Strait fast boost to 5225', with a landing very near the launch site. That one almost made me forget about the Gobin deboggle.
It was a very nice weekend, thanks so much to Tim and Jackie for for the awesome eats both days, and the continued support of our addictions!