Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Estes Tk-123 Kit

Hello, I am new to this site and I have a question for you collectors out there. I have an Estes TK-123 kit and I was wondering if anyone out there has any information on this kit. I am planning on selling it sometime soon and I can't seem to find any good information. Feel free to email me and I will post pictures on this site later today if this site will allow me to. Thank you--John

Last edited by JOHNMIKE : 08-10-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Old BAR

Here is a little data taken from a pricing guide to Ebay auctions found in the Rocketshoppe files:

4/3/2005 Estes #TK-123 Three Mini-Brute Combo Kit $203.72 yellow double oval hangtag, pink 2-panel instructions
5/22/2005 Estes #TK-123 Three Mini-Brute Combo Kit $110.27 double oval hangtag, pink art card post-Damon logo

Gerry Fortin's list shows the Tri-Pak but gives no recent pricing data.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNMIKE
Hello, I am new to this site and I have a question for you collectors out there. I have an Estes TK-123 kit and I was wondering if anyone out there has any information on this kit. I am planning on selling it sometime soon and I can't seem to find any good information. Feel free to email me and I will post pictures on this site later today if this site will allow me to. Thank you--John

John,

That is a rare one... and it was featured on the Fall 1971 Catalog!!!

Its unopened correct?

A lot of people collect kits that have been featured on the catalog covers and I am sure there will be those who bid high for it.

Jonaathan
Old 08-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Jonaathan and Jetlag, thank you both for your input. Yes, Jonaathan, it is unopened. It has been hanging in my parent's basement on a nail since it was purchased new, away from any basement window. The colored sheet is vibrant with no snags or holes in the plastic. I goofed when I took it off the hooked nail and ripped the hanging hole a tad, live and learn. Thanks again, I appreciate any info, seeing how I am a novice at best. John
Old 08-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNMIKE
Jonaathan and Jetlag, thank you both for your input. Yes, Jonaathan, it is unopened. It has been hanging in my parent's basement on a nail since it was purchased new, away from any basement window. The colored sheet is vibrant with no snags or holes in the plastic. I goofed when I took it off the hooked nail and ripped the hanging hole a tad, live and learn. Thanks again, I appreciate any info, seeing how I am a novice at best. John

LOL John!!!

Like there is an 'expert' status for supply and demand! Just place that bad boy up on ebay and see how far it goes.

Best to act like you are some house cleaner or have no clue what it is and watch the biddres go crazy. They will think you are some old woman who lives in a shoe who has so many rockets she knows not what to do...

They (the bidders) then believe that they are getting a fantastic deal from someone who is ignorant about the value.

I already have one, but if I didn't I would bid over $100 for it. ... maybe

Jonathan
Old 08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Jonathan, I already turned down 100 bucks, sorry. LOL. I do have a Drifter I am listing tonight in case you don't have one of those. In fact, that one hung on a straight nail, so I couldn't booger it up. I really am a novice though. The only reason I even retrieved it is, I just listed many on ebay from an auction I went to last weekend, so I am learning as I go. ..........................the old woman storyline, now that sounds inviting. John