Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Incorrigible Kit Basher

Talking Semroc Made My Day

I said:
Quote:
The streamer in my ThunderBee proved inadequate to slow the rocket's descent, and it broke a fin on its first flight. How do I go about getting a replacement fin set? Is that covered under any sort of warranty?

Sheryl said:
Quote:
Sorry about the broken fin. Am sending you another fin set, streamer, and chute in case you want to change to a chute.

I don't think you can provide better customer service than that (unless they send a repairman to actually install the fin...)

Once upon a better day... SAM #0076
My site: http://rocketry.gonnerman.org
Old 08-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Master Modeler

Kudos to Semroc! But warranty for recovery related damage? I personally wouldn't feel comfortable asking in this situation. Didn't the original ThunderHawk come with streamer recovery? I don't think Semroc is not in the business of trying to upgrade every kit, but rather trying to offer faithful reproductions of the originals, save the Kevlar leaders and balsa cones in some instances.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foose4string
Kudos to Semroc! But warranty for recovery related damage? I personally wouldn't feel comfortable asking in this situation. Didn't the original ThunderHawk come with streamer recovery? I don't think Semroc is not in the business of trying to upgrade every kit, but rather trying to offer faithful reproductions of the originals, save the Kevlar leaders and balsa cones in some instances.
Thanks!

Sheryl really believes in our 100% satisfaction guarantee. She understands that it is an investment in faithful customers. I am proud of her.

One of these days I will have to tell you what Vern said about it!

The ThunderBee is ours, based on a downscale of the original Bill Stine Thunder Series that he did while he was at Centuri. Our ThunderStorm will be our upscale. The ThunderHawk came in two styles. The kit by itself had streamer recovery. The kit they had in the starter set had a parachute.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 08-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
The ThunderBee is ours, based on a downscale of the original Bill Stine Thunder Series that he did while he was at Centuri. Our ThunderStorm will be our upscale. The ThunderHawk came in two styles. The kit by itself had streamer recovery. The kit they had in the starter set had a parachute.

Carl,

I don't recall which of the three Thunder names it was that Bill designed, but wasn't one of them about Mean Machine size? Is your ThunderStorm going to be even bigger than that?
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 08-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Carl,

I don't recall which of the three Thunder names it was that Bill designed, but wasn't one of them about Mean Machine size? Is your ThunderStorm going to be even bigger than that?
I understand that the series of three were all designed by Bill. They were the:

ThunderHawk (.76" x 21.5")
ThunderBird (1.04" x 41.75")
ThunderRoc(1.64" x 61.5")

We added the:

ThunderBee (.543" x 14.7")

and future:

ThunderStorm (2.34" x about 100")
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 08-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:

We added the:

and future:

Sorry, I stated that wrong. I knew Bill did all three of the originals, I just couldn't remember the name of the "big" one which I now see was the ThunderRoc.

2.34" x 100"? Cool! What kind of motor size or cluster are you planning on for that?
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 08-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Master Modeler

....and I still wouldn't feel comfortable asking, but this kind of attitude and service is what makes Semroc second to none when it comes to customer service, simply the best. I thought maybe it was a Semroc original, well a downscale anyway, but I wasn't sure.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Incorrigible Kit Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by foose4string

Well, now I feel guilty. If you'll read my original email, I hardly demanded anything; I just wanted to get replacement fins, and I'd have been cool with buying them. It was more a case of being totally stunned by the over-the-top customer service I received... note that I did not give my ship-to address, just my email address, so Sheryl had to look it up before sending out the parts. For a lot of companies, that alone would have been too much to ask.

Again, thanks, Sheryl and Carl and whoever, for the good service. I own just two Semroc models, but rest assured I'll be getting more.
Once upon a better day... SAM #0076
My site: http://rocketry.gonnerman.org
Old 08-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:

We added the:

and future:

With most of us BARs at least in our 50's shouldn't there also be a THUNDERTHIGH?

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 08-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Master Modeler

Ah, don't feel guilty....it's obviously all good with Sheryl and Carl. I was just speaking from my own point of view, and I'm not ALWAYS right! They ultimately made a happy customer, and that's what matters in the end!