Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Default Krueger

I picked up a batch of Krueger Rocket Co. items on ebay last week (and a few more yesterday). One of the more interesting items is a package labled "Egg Padding".
Interesting idea, tho a bit vague in the instructions ("Obtain a tube large enough to fit the egg. Obtain another tube about 1/4" smaller." Hmmmm..). Also, a Centuri-like asbestos pad and an assortment of 1-sheet plans - seem to be for actual kits that Krueger sold, but the sheets look like they were sold as a set. I'll send a PDF file off to scott for the archives.
1 kit is in the batch, the 'Spooky II'. Haven't decided whether or not to open it . The header
is stapled to the bag, but unlike Centuri kits, the plastic bag is sealed. My digital camera is giving me fits right now - as soon as I get it working I'll post a better photo.
There have been a few threads recently mentioning Kreuger, but not much info - does anyone know anything about the Who-What-When-Where on them?

Sean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  KruegerPadding_a.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  362.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  KruegerAsbestosPad.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  375.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  KruegerStuff.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  24.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  KruegerPadding_b.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  204.6 KB  
Old 02-19-2008, 10:23 AM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
...Interesting idea, tho a bit vague in the instructions ("Obtain a tube large enough to fit the egg. Obtain another tube about 1/4" smaller." Hmmmm..)...

I've never seen these before, but I think I actually understand what the instructions are saying.

The two short pieces of tubing form holding cradles at each end of the egg, and this material forms a rubbery, shock-absorbing diaphram to hold those cradles. The egg is suspended in the middle, not touching anything but the two short tubes. These "end caps" friction-fit into the larger tube. The instructions are non-specific on the tube sizes because it's not meant for just one size rocket. By building up enough of this material around the short tubes, you can create a payload compartment for any size tube. The end-cap tubes just need to be small enough to conform around the ends of the egg, but not large enough that the egg slips through them.

Make sense?

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 02-19-2008, 11:39 AM
rocket dinosaur

Red face

Sean:

I found this via google: "The Krueger Rocket Company was founded by Bill, Jim, and Tom Krueger. When they were young boys, they were interested in model rockets. Eventually it turned into a business for them. They creates their own rocket designs, launch pads, and rocket engines."

good catch getting that Krueger stuff by somebody we know!> did you also see that other Kruger Kit on Ebay?

terry dean
nar 16158
Old 02-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz
Sean:

I found this via google: "The Krueger Rocket Company was founded by Bill, Jim, and Tom Krueger. When they were young boys, they were interested in model rockets. Eventually it turned into a business for them. They creates their own rocket designs, launch pads, and rocket engines."

good catch getting that Krueger stuff by somebody we know!> did you also see that other Kruger Kit on Ebay?

terry dean
nar 16158

I think he got that too! I was bidding on both auctions and completely forgot about them . I guess it's a good thing. I'd hate to run up the bid against a fellow YORFer
Old 02-19-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
I've never seen these before, but I think I actually understand what the instructions are saying.

The two short pieces of tubing form holding cradles at each end of the egg, and this material forms a rubbery, shock-absorbing diaphram to hold those cradles. The egg is suspended in the middle, not touching anything but the two short tubes. These "end caps" friction-fit into the larger tube. The instructions are non-specific on the tube sizes because it's not meant for just one size rocket. By building up enough of this material around the short tubes, you can create a payload compartment for any size tube. The end-cap tubes just need to be small enough to conform around the ends of the egg, but not large enough that the egg slips through them.

Make sense?

Makes sense after 40-odd years of this - I was just picturing myself at 11 scratching my head over it .

S.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Sean:

terry dean
nar 16158

Do you have a link to that info? I did a quick google, but didn't find anything.

S
Old 02-19-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
I think he got that too! I was bidding on both auctions and completely forgot about them . I guess it's a good thing. I'd hate to run up the bid against a fellow YORFer

I appreciate that, Don. On both items I had to call my brother and have him keep an eye on the bidding for me.

S.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:06 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Sean:

Notice how they don't mention Freddy, the black sheep of the family and designated fin cutter.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 02-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Notice how they don't mention Freddy, the black sheep of the family and designated fin cutter.

That's probably because he was mildly allergic to balsa dust and used that excuse to call in sick all the time because he was out cattin' around all night. It's sad when you have to fire a family member. It's even sadder when they are literally "fired" in the bowels of hades.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:22 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
That's probably because he was mildly allergic to balsa dust and used that excuse to call in sick all the time because he was out cattin' around all night. It's sad when you have to fire a family member. It's even sadder when they are literally "fired" in the bowels of hades.

I think the balsa aggravated a skin condition he had. Snappy dresser, though.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper