Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Doctor is In! > Ask the Doctor
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 06:34 PM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
We have COUNTIES bigger than New Jersey in Texas... why not just hop in the car, dart to the closest hobby shop over the border in someplace (slightly) more sane, and buy motors there, and let the gov't pound sand??

There isn't anyplace in Jersey I know of that you can't get out of the state in an hour... LOL

Oh well... OL JR

But you have to pay a toll to leave and sometimes to reenter the state. It isn't that bad in Texas yet.

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 01-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
But you have to pay a toll to leave and sometimes to reenter the state. It isn't that bad in Texas yet.

Bill

There are a few ways to leave the state without paying anything.
Not all of the roads are toll roads, thank goodness.
There is always flying.................
Old 01-10-2012, 10:58 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill

Bill

Not if you're not on the freeway... er... tollway...

Course Texas doesn't want to build any new roads that AREN'T tollways...

Later! OL JR
Old 01-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Not if you're not on the freeway... er... tollway...

Course Texas doesn't want to build any new roads that AREN'T tollways...
There are two reasons I'm not interested in supporting Perry. Besides the vaccination deal, I can't believe how much work has gone into I-35 yet it's still two lanes (each way) for much of the drive between DFW and Austin. Given that they completely rebuilt it for many miles of that span, adding the extra lane each way would have been only a minor incremental cost. I suspect - being a little cynical - that they don't want to make I-35 too nice - it'll reduce the need for the Trans Texas Corridor toll road

BTW, I'm not really opposed to toll roads, but it seems the NTTA is out of control. I think a scandal is about to be exposed that's gonna make a lot of folks look bad.

Regardless of that, the NTTA takes money from one toll road to build another. I'd rather they pay off the roads and make them freeways. Let the locals in the mid-cities (of DFW) pay for their own dang toll roads rather than dinging us on the north side. Also, there seems to be lots of shrub planting on the new tollways here. I'd rather they plant a couple more lanes. </rant>

Doug

YORF member #11
Old 01-11-2012, 10:39 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
There are two reasons I'm not interested in supporting Perry. Besides the vaccination deal, I can't believe how much work has gone into I-35 yet it's still two lanes (each way) for much of the drive between DFW and Austin. Given that they completely rebuilt it for many miles of that span, adding the extra lane each way would have been only a minor incremental cost. I suspect - being a little cynical - that they don't want to make I-35 too nice - it'll reduce the need for the Trans Texas Corridor toll road

BTW, I'm not really opposed to toll roads, but it seems the NTTA is out of control. I think a scandal is about to be exposed that's gonna make a lot of folks look bad.

Regardless of that, the NTTA takes money from one toll road to build another. I'd rather they pay off the roads and make them freeways. Let the locals in the mid-cities (of DFW) pay for their own dang toll roads rather than dinging us on the north side. Also, there seems to be lots of shrub planting on the new tollways here. I'd rather they plant a couple more lanes. </rant>

Doug

Agree completely... If anybody is worse than Obama, it's PERRY...

CAN'T STAND "Governor Goodhair"...

His hair is so good because there's so much fertilizer underneath it... LOL

Later! OL JR